Classic P cartoon in todays SS episode.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
I didn't realize it till today but the episode that has Elmo and a few other muppets along with Gordon seeing what float and what doesn't has the P cartoon where the Green P lands on some platform or whatever it's called and these clouds float by, the cartoon lasts several seconds with just the lady annoucers saying P 2 or 3 times and this funny music playing and at the end the sun goes down. Unfortunatly the music is updated and somebody else is saying the letter name. Can't see any need to have done that.

ISNorden

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
I didn't realize it till today but the episode that has Elmo and a few other muppets along with Gordon seeing what float and what doesn't has the P cartoon where the Green P lands on some platform or whatever it's called and these clouds float by, the cartoon lasts several seconds with just the lady annoucers saying P 2 or 3 times and this funny music playing and at the end the sun goes down. Unfortunatly the music is updated and somebody else is saying the letter name. Can't see any need to have done that.
You're right; old cartoons with that kind of content (just a letter/number being named as it appears) don't need new music and voices dubbed in. The animation itself is "dated" enough, if that's Sesame Workshop's concern. Besides, the original melody behind that cartoon sounded like a good fit to the drawing: it didn't hurt that P is for Piccolo (which I'm sure some adult must have noticed back then, even if the voice-over never identifies the instrument being played).

mikebennidict

Reaction score
why would any adult even complain about such a thing? No offense but I really don't buy it.