Classic Yu-Gi-Oh Coming To Nicktoons??

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
Okayyyy, I Just Got Done Seeing A Promo Of Classic Yu-Gi-Oh While Watching Spongebob (Go Figure), Since There Was Nothing Else On, I Think It Said It Was Coming Next Year, So What Do YOU Think, And Was I The Only One Who Thought It Was Like One Of The First Ever Dragon Ball Z Kai Promos

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Yu-Gi-Oh used to be a good show, so that's pretty cool. I probably won't watch it at all though since I have no reason to watch Nicktoons since they stopped showing Danny Phantom :sigh:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Makes sense. Saban and Nick seem to have some deal together with Power Rangers anyway, and Yu-Gi-Oh is now a Saban brand. The series, anyway.

Of course, I never really cared for Yu-Gi-Oh. It seems like the guy who wrote it was coerced by Shuishia and eventually the card game companies to focus solely on the card game aspects of the series. The character was supposed to be a master of all games, and somehow, that sounds like a far more interesting aspect than a series that spends 5 minutes at a time explaining attack points. I'm probably the only one who watched the Toei series and said, "I'd watch THAT!"

Too bad no one picked up some of 4Kids's other series. I'd love to have seen Shaman King license rescued. Ditto Ultimate Muscle.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Classic Yu-Gi-Oh, all five seasons currently air on CW's abbreviated Saturday morning lineup. The fact NickToons is picking it up for syndication next year tells me that CW's on barely-conscious life support machinery, the last thing of interest they have left is the current Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal series. Once that's shipped off to another network, they'll be truly dead.

As for Shaman King... Cartoon Network killed that the day after airing the first four episodes.
And why the frell won't anyone bring back Onepiece? ! ? That stuff's the best ongoing epic, almost finished with Punk Hazard in the New World now.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Classic Yu-Gi-Oh, all five seasons currently air on CW's abbreviated Saturday morning lineup. The fact NickToons is picking it up for syndication next year tells me that CW's on barely-conscious life support machinery, the last thing of interest they have left is the current Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal series. Once that's shipped off to another network, they'll be truly dead.
Not true. I don't know how long their contract is, but a lot of what they air is on other cable channels. They currently air reruns of Justice League Unlimited and Transformers Prime. And they FINALLY got the last saga of Dragon Ball Kai (at least until the Majin Buu arc, which they're actually working on now for every country but Japan). Besides, Nicktoons had Kai first, and we're just getting the leftover reruns. It isn't that expensive of a line up. After all, Zexal is the only thing that isn't a rerun. It seems that it will end after Saban's contract expires.

And why the frell won't anyone bring back Onepiece? ! ? That stuff's the best ongoing epic, almost finished with Punk Hazard in the New World now.
It's there... just not on television. Hulu airs the latest episodes from Japan, but subtitled only. They have the dub, too... but it's only up to the end of Skypea, even though they have well after the Davy Back fights dubbed. That you have to buy on DVD.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Huh, that's news to me. As far as I knew, about two months ago when CW added a new WWE SatAm show which is a piece of crud recap show with only one C-string match... Their lineup consisted of Kubix (repeats), Sonic X (repeats), Classic Yu-Gi-Oh (repeats) Zexal (new), and DB Z-Kai (which could be argued repeats or new).
JLU was a good show, and I'm surprised Hub gave someone else Transformers Prime in syndication since they themselves repeat every episode from the beginning in their rotation.

As for Onepiece, I'll stick to reading the updates to the current arc at their Wiki but thanks for the heads up on the DVD's.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Huh, that's news to me. As far as I knew, about two months ago when CW added a new WWE SatAm show which is a piece of crud recap show with only one C-string match... Their lineup consisted of Kubix (repeats), Sonic X (repeats), Classic Yu-Gi-Oh (repeats) Zexal (new), and DB Z-Kai (which could be argued repeats or new).
JLU was a good show, and I'm surprised Hub gave someone else Transformers Prime in syndication since they themselves repeat every episode from the beginning in their rotation.
The line up is something like... uh.. Sonic X, Power Rangers in the Lost Galaxy (It's Saban after all)... they used to have Iron Man Armored Adventures but now it's Transformers Prime, JLU, that WWE thing, DB Kai, and the new and old Yu-Gi-Oh's. BUT they did run Tiny Toons Night Ghoulery twice! Once before Halloween, once the weekend after Thanksgiving for some reason.

As for Onepiece, I'll stick to reading the updates to the current arc at their Wiki but thanks for the heads up on the DVD's.
I blame CN dropping Toonami. If One Piece were still in broadcast, we'd at least be somewhere in the Thriller Bark saga. Now if someone wants to rerun it, they have to go all the way back at the beginning. If they ran it every single day without reruns, it would take almost 2 years to get to where it currently is. But over a decade if they made it weekly.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm, I'll have to check the Tiny Toons Wiki for Night Ghoollery.

And even if they aired everything daily, well... Do you air only Mon-Fri? Or do you air all seven days of the week?
On what days do you preempt for movies like what happened sometimes with Toonami? That's what hurt earlier series like Ravemaster.
At what point do you stop to go back and repeat from the beginning before bringing in the next arc? I'd say air from Episode 1 straight to Geapia/Skypia when the dub changed from Four Kids to Funimation. That'd set you back, but it's not any different from what CN does with the various Pokemon series. Meh, it's just messed up is what it is.