Clifford and the Electric Mayhem

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I am now convinced more than ever that Clifford does not belong with the Electric Mayhem after listening to "Rock Around The World" he and the Mayhem band sang at Walt Disney World. He just seemed out of place when he was singing with the rest of the band.

ryan

Stulz

Reaction score
No WAY!

I have to say I totally disagree.

I thought he fit in perfectly with EM and wish they would have continued to use him in that way.

It was better then what they did to him in Muppets Tonight!

That Announcer

Reaction score
Straight up, ryhoyarbie. The EM already had a sixth member in Lips, and so Clifford was completely unnecessary.

zeldazipple

Reaction score
ryhoyarbie said:
I am now convinced more than ever that Clifford does not belong with the Electric Mayhem after listening to "Rock Around The World" he and the Mayhem band sang at Walt Disney World. He just seemed out of place when he was singing with the rest of the band.

ryan
I think Clifford fit in fine with the EM. :smile: I really liked that song " Rock Around The World " Ofcourse he seemed out of place if you're only used to haveing the reglure guys. I liked him on MT as well. I thoughgt him being a co leader to Kermit was a good idea kind of took the pressure off a little. :smirk:
Well if you don't like him with the EM what about the guys from TJHH what ever happened to them? Didn't they have their own band? :confused:

Frogster

Reaction score
Personally, I think all the performers kinda have the right to have a member in the band:
Dr. Teeth- Henson
Floyd- Nelson
Animal- Oz
Janice- Hunt
Zoot- Goelz
Lips- Whitmire
Clifford- Clash
It was something all the guys were a part of. It's a shame they didn't keep it up. By the time The Muppets Go To Disney World aired, it would've been safe to say that those were the main six. Seeing that Muppet special kind of made it look like the Muppets were going to get back on top, hence my favorite Muppet cast song, "We're Not Gonna Stop."

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I don't care for Clifford in the EM, but then again, I'm kinda' hard up when it comes to band members. When I was in a band, I always through people out. We went through 3 bass players, 2 guitar players and 2 keyboard players. I tossed people out like the trash! :grouchy:

That Announcer

Reaction score
I wonder when Bill and Brian will get their own original characters... Brian is severely underrated; in fact, probably the most so of any Muppeteer.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
What do you mean original characters?

Bill has Pepe and he's one of the most original Muppets since the Great Gonzo.

And Brian has Dr. Phil. What's more original than a deranged veteranarian?

That Announcer

Reaction score
I mean original (new) Electric Mayhem members. Bill and Brian both have some great originals right now, and if you're solely talking singers I love Johnny Fiama.

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
thatannouncer said:
I mean original (new) Electric Mayhem members. Bill and Brian both have some great originals right now, and if you're solely talking singers I love Johnny Fiama.
Well the question there is, "Is there room in the EM for new band members?" They've already got all the bases covered - Dr. Teeth on keyboard/piano, Janice on lead guitar and Floyd on bass, Zoot on sax, Animal on drums and Lips on trumpet. While I personally feel that Clifford is a good fit in the EM, I don't know exactly what he does aside from possibly provide bass vocals for the songs.

-Kim