Cloud Forest and Animal Show Coming to DVD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I never saw anything more than a short clip on Henson.com years ago, so this will be a real treat!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Before anyone gets too excited or confused by that heading, Jim Henson Hour is NOT coming to dvd. One of the specials that made up the second half hour (Song of the Cloud Forest is).
Which is why when I posted it 2 hours earlier here I said "Song of the Cloud Forrest," not Jim Henson Hour.

It's a start, I suppose... ties in nicely with Earth Day.

beaker

Reaction score
No matter who owns what, people are always going to see all The Muppets from whatever production (Sesame Street, Fraggle Rock, The Muppet Show, The Jim Henson Hour, Muppets Tonight, and so on) as belonging to Jim Henson and company.
True. I think Disney/Henson lawyers are the only ones who don't see it that way, but as far as Im concerned, if its:

The Muppet Show, movies, tv shows, and specials
Sesame Street movies, tv shows, and specials
Fraggle Rock
Bear in the Big Blue House
Puppet Up and Henson Alternative
Big Bag
Hoobs
Mopatop
Animal Show
Pajanimals
Cloud Forest
Dog City
City Kids
50's-70's commercials/business tapes

...then it's ALL Muppets. Though, I don't know if I'd consider "Sid the Science Kid" or bought properties(Unstable Tales, John Chandler's The Skrumps, Wubbulous World of Dr Seuss) Muppets...and depending on what Im feeling, I alternate between calling Dinosaurs Fantasy Creature Shop world or Muppets world:smile:

beaker

Reaction score
Wait, Monster Maker and Lighthouse *arent* Storyteller? They sure look like it to me. Weird

Well, we got Storyteller on dvd...now strangely enough and out of nowhere Cloud Forest(who could possibly even remember this though?)

Now all we need is the ACTUAL Muppet Television portion segments, Muppets @WDW and Muppets Tonight(the latter two were Disney to begin with so it should be extra easy)

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Which is why when I posted it 2 hours earlier here I said "Song of the Cloud Forrest," not Jim Henson Hour.

It's a start, I suppose... ties in nicely with Earth Day.
Sorry about that then. Didn't mean to cause any confusion or give anyone false hope.:embarrassed::concern:
And I mainly just meant to post about The Animal Show on this thread b/c at the time I didn't see that anyone had posted about it yet.:busy:

animalrescuer

Reaction score
I'm excited about this! I never saw Animal Show and I've only seen one clip from Song of the Cloud Forest so I can't wait to get them when they come out.
Makes perfect sense for me because according to the Muppet Wiki, Animal Show was on Animal Planet in the early 90s and I love watching Animal Planet! :smile:

maniacal muppet

Reaction score
I totally cannot wait for these! I'm totally gonna be the first person at the dvd store on the release date!:insatiable:

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I'm picking up that Cloud Forest DVD myself. I'm not totally 100% on the Animal Show, but we'll see. But yeah, I've only seen a very very tiny bit of Cloud Forest from "The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson" when that little frog sings, always thought it looked neat.

Status
Not open for further replies.