Comments and Questions on the Kermit Bust Giveaway

matleo

Reaction score
hey Phil,
I have a questoin regardingthe contest. Who is the information going to/ who is officially doing the drawing. Is this you or Sideshow? Thanks.

--Matt

GWGumby

Reaction score
I appreciate this opportunity. It may be my only way of hoping to getting a bust unless they make it to clearance price.

Luke

Reaction score
I have a few questions as well, some are similar to Matt's so can pretty much be killed with one stone :-

1) Who exactly is drawing the contest - Muppet Central or Sideshow ?

2) What is the exact process of both numbering the emails and drawing the random number ? For example, will some special software be used, will a number be picked from a hat or will someone be pointing to a number while blindfolded and cycling across a tightrope ? ;-)

3) Regarding the information being collected - other than name, state and country, what is the purpose of the other information being collected. Will the street address and phone number be used for any means other than contacting the winner and if so, is it possible to opt out ?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the questions.

To answer the question of who is doing the drawing... The information submitted on the survey is going to both Muppet Central and Sideshow. The drawing is being conducted by Muppet Central.

Concerning how the entries are numbered and drawn... The e-mails are being numbered by the order that they are received. When the drawing occurs at the end of the month, a number will be chosen (associated with a corresponding entry) at random out of a hat. A person not associated with Muppet Central will be selecting the number. Once the winner has been contacted and responds back, we'll make the announcement here in the discussion forum. We'll also provide a summary of how many entries were received and an overview of the survey results.

Regarding one's address... The rules state only one entry per address and/or name will be accepted. Including the full address on the survey will ensure that rule is adhered to and that no one gets an unfair advantage by entering multiple times. In the event that you are the winner, the address let's us know where to send your Kermit bust. Personal information will not be shared. As stated in the rules: "The information contained in the survey is for Sideshow-Weta research purposes and will not be distributed to any other individual or organization."

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Hi Phil! This is a cool idea!

i have a question, does Sideshow know of the reason why a folyd bust wasn't in the plans already? I like that question on the survey, of coures i voted for floyd because it funny with out him. Other muppets i would like to see would be robin and also Dr julius T strangpork to go with Link, maybe even pops too, and then go on to new muppets as well.

Zachary

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Hey Phil, out of the slightest chance in the world that if there was any possabile way that i did magicly happen to win the kermit bust is there any way i could get an exctention on e--mailing you back? I will be out of town in chicago for thanksgiving, i'm leaving Wensday night and i come back sunday morning.

understandable if not because rules are rules though.

Thanks.

Zachary,

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Zack,

We'll do everything possible to contact the rightful winner. Thanks for letting us know that you'll be back on Sunday morning.