1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Confessing Fears

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Flaky Pudding, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Flaky Pudding

Flaky Pudding Well-Known Member

We have a confessing crushes thread, so we don't we have a thread for admitting silly non-Henson things that scared us when we were kids or even now. I'm sure we ALL had at least one silly thing that freaked us out when were little. Ever been scared of a cartoon, a puppet, a video game character, a whole TV show. Post here! Let me go first:

-The Groke from the Finnish kid show, Moomins scares me to this day. Her voice sends shivers down my spine every time I hear it.
    [​IMG]

Things that scared me when I was a kid:

-Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty.
    -The Beast from Beauty and the Beast.
    -The Spooky episode of Lilo and Stitch:The Series.
    -Pink Elephants on Parade from Dumbo.
    -The Treehouse of Horror episode where Bart and Lisa get transported to the Itchy and Scratchy universe.
    -The Treehouse of Horror where Homer sells his soul for a doughnut.
    -Ridley and Meta Ridley from Metroid.
    -Emperor Palpatine from Star Wars.
    -Woody's nightmare sequence from Toy Story 2.
    -The infamous Moar Krabs face from Spongebob.
    -Legends of the Hidden Temple.

That's all of mine.

scooterfan360 and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  2. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Why were you scared of all of those things?

3. Flaky Pudding

I don't know,
    [​IMG]
    I was just a kid that was afraid of lots of weird stuff.

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  4. MikaelaMuppet

It's alright. I just wanted to ask you.

5. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

That creepy snake thing from Beetlejuice has always given me the willies. I used to have nightmares about it. Heck, it even made me afraid of the dark when I was about nine.
    [​IMG]

And you think this picture is creepy? Well it's waaay worse when you actually see it move.

newsmanfan and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  6. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

One thing I've learned from WORLD'S DUMBEST... is to never share your fears with your friends, because you never know when one day your friends will double-cross you and set you up for a scare - if your friends ever get to discussing fears, it's best to just change the subject to boobs or something.

Or so I heard.

muppetgem, newsmanfan and Drtooth like this.
  7. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Why not tell your friends your scared of boobs? There's no way they can scare you if you tell them that.

8. Harleena

Harleena Well-Known Member

When I was little, I was terrified of things like bad guys in Pokemon (not Team Rocket, but the villains who were less comic relief, like Pokemon hunters or poachers and stuff). And also Bowser. I saw this:
    [​IMG]
    When all that was actually there was this:
    [​IMG]
    The scary Bowser was drawn by JoshSummana and the cute Bowser was drawn by kyupi, BTW.

muppetgem and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  9. Luke kun

Luke kun Well-Known Member

The scene where they cut off Luke's hand freaked me the heck out the first time, and when Palpatine starts using the lightning on Luke... that was freaky too. I don't blame ya.
    The Woody dream was also scary, pretty much Akira.
    ToH... is that the one with James Coco?

10. Flaky Pudding

I remembered something earlier today. There was a Christian song on the old version of the computer encyclopedia, Encarta that used to scare me so bad every time I heard it when I was little. I don't remember the name at all, but hearing the brief sound of it in my head makes me shiver a little. Now I feel bad for finding it scary because it was a Christian song and that really isn't a good thing to find gospel scary but I was a kid so, you know. Speaking of Encarta Christian things, I also remember being terrified of a sound clip on Encarta of a preacher with a very deep almost Cookie Monster-like voice yelling loud words at the top of his lungs about the dangers of Satan. Makes sense why I'd be scared of that, huh?

11. Flaky Pudding

It didn't scare me when I was younger, but this MAD sketch kind of creeps me out now. I don't know why though:

12. Flaky Pudding

Also the Animutation called Revenge of the Nazis with a combination of the music, atmosphere, and some of the imagery gives me a creepy vibe as well while also being extremely offensive. I'm surprised it got made actually. I'm not going to post it because it shows swastikas and I worry about getting banned, but if you want to watch it, look it up on YouTube.

13. MikaelaMuppet

These are not silly. I was really afraid of these things and still am afraid to this day:

Ice cream trucks

Music boxes: The mechanism scares me a lot especially when it moves.

A musical piggy bank that plays a Disney song

Musical bagpipes that plays what is I think is the national anthem of Scotland

This picture frame that plays a lullaby (You can see the music box on the back, which scares me so much)

Sadly, I have never overcame these fears and will always be scared of them.

14. Flaky Pudding

I have a weird one to admit:The Smurfs. Yup, you heard correctly, I used to be scared of the freaking Smurfs. I don't know why but the idea of little blue humanoids that look funny and sing "Lalalalala" over and over again used to creep me out (I think their noses looked creepy to me for some reason). Also the idea that Gargamel wanted to EAT them was scary to me as well because it almost sounded like cannibalism in my opinion. My Aunt had a Smurf doll that scared me and I didn't want to be around it because of that. I also remember her playing Cartoon Song (the religious song about cartoons by Christian singer, Chris Rice) and I was fine until they mentioned the Smurfs. After that, I started feeling a bit uneasy at the mere mention of them. Nowadays I'm not afraid of the Smurfs, they just annoy me is all and I still don't find them interesting (except for the Robot Chicken, Mad, and Family Guy parodies of course).

15. Flaky Pudding

I have some other ones to admit:
    -Some of the ghost type Pokémon (Haunter, Gengar, Ghastly, etc.)
    -A dark humor Internet picture where Winnie the Pooh was a zombie (it was probably something on Newgrounds or YTMND that I happened to stumble upon when I was little)
    -Mr. Meaty on Nickelodeon
    -The tiki-like creatures from the Lilo & Stitch video game, Trouble in Paradise
    -Snakes (I still have that one to this day)
    -Anything with a skull for a face (That's why I prefer Happy Tree Friends and other cute stuff when it comes to dark humor/horror because I like cute stuff and not scary looking stuff)
    -Transformers (Optimus Prime is my avatar now. You can probably tell I got over this one pretty fast)
    -The Incredible Hulk
    -Shrek (I got over this one quickly as well)
    -The children's book "Love That Dog" (It was a fear of losing my dog, not a fear of any ghosts or boogeymen)
    -Scooby-Doo (the entire show)
    -Mosquitos
    -Moths
    -Toys that move and make sounds
    -Scary Halloween masks intended for horror/shock comedy
    -Godzilla
    -Bigfoot (I've never believed in him, I just thought he looked scary)
    -Howler monkeys at the zoo
    -The Nightmare Before Christmas
    -Rick Astley (Just kidding, but I've always hated getting rickrolled)

I know how you feel, Rocky, I mean Rambo (sorry I didn't see the beloved bandana there for a second, jk!)

16. MikaelaMuppet

Does this scare you?

17. Flaky Pudding

I think that's cool actually. That film only bothered me when I was little. I'm not a big fan, but it's still a good movie. That cute little ghost dog would make a kick *** pet.

18. MikaelaMuppet

The music and the song makes me tear up. No lie either.

19. scooterfan360

scooterfan360 Well-Known Member

i use to be scared of spider man :laugh:, when i was kid, i would picture the number one popular thing that kids are scared of which is the boogie man, looking similar to spider man. i also use to be scared of rocky from the Flintstone kids, and those bumbling monsters from wildfire, and that old lady creature from the dark crystal, and beef bonk from galaxy high.

20. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

The flying monkeys the Wicked Witch of the West sends out in "The Wizard of Oz" freaked me out as a little kind (maybe 4 or 5 years old).
    Ghosts used to scare the crap out of me, but once I learned they can't actually hurt the living, I find them more of a nuisance than anything else. (Long stories and many of them.)

Spiders are still creepy, and millipedes engender an immediate KILL IT KILL IT TIL IT'S DEAD response.