Confirm Or Deny!

Chris Gawley

Reaction score
Hey, gang!

Can anyone out there settle a bet between my friend and I?

We were on youtube.com, looking at a 3-part "documentary" hosted by James Earl Jones, which aired sometime in the late 70's or early 80's (Mr. Hooper was still alive, & Referred to Mr. Jones as "Jimmy").

During the "documentary", they showed a clip from the now obscure "I'm An Architecht" sketch, wherein 2 unseen children attempt to guess the person's job (the sketches may also have been called "I Know What He/She Is!"). I say that one of the 2 children's voices was from a young Jodie Foster, my friend says I'm wrong!

I have have bet my friend $100 & a steak dinner that I am right! Can anyone out there please help me win (or lose) this bet?

Also, does any remember or have the 70's sketch "Fireman"? A short clip appears in the aforementioned "documentary" ("Fire chief's car leads the way, the hook & ladder follows, the pumper truck throws the water....").
My favorite part was when the firemen pushed open the doors & slid down the firepole (made me wish I had one in my bedroom closet....come to think of it, I STILL DO)! If anyone has this sketchin its entirety, please share it with me!

rbcmlr

Reaction score
Hey. I listened to that clip--the voice sounds similar to Jodie Foster as a child, but I don't think it is. It has a slightly different quality. I could be wrong, especially with the variables of old footage and stuff. I hope you are correct, so you don't lose $100! At any rate, I can't find anything online about Foster doing bits on SS as a child.

Cookie fan

Reaction score
Hey, who knows? It could be possible. A lot of prolific actors have been on the Street like James Earl Jones, Natalie Portman and Christopher Reeve. If there was a way to drop an email to her just to find out.

Chris Gawley

Reaction score
If only it sould be that easy!