Confused about the unaired divorce episode.

JLG

Reaction score
There's something I read in that article that's confusing to me.
Here's the wikipedia link (which is based on the Muppet Wiki version)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snuffy's_Parents_Get_a_Divorce

Here's what I wrote on the discussion page:

I'm confused by the assertion that this episode, originally slated to be #2895, was to air on April 10, 1992. That doesn't seem to match with Sesame Street's old production and airing schedule. I happen to have the episode that ended up being #2985 instead (the Oscar the Grouch story mentioned in the article). Based on the airing schedule ''Sesame Street'' used to have, it would have aired no later than January 1992, but more likely late December 1991.
Seasons 1-29 had 130 hours each. (Except the second season, which for some reason had 145.) Knowing that the premiere aired on Monday, November 10, 1969, and that every season lasted 26 weeks, was repeated once, then was replaced by another six-month season, it's easy to estimate within a fairly small margin of error when the airdate for any random show would have been (up until #3786, when the production and airing schedule was changed).
Therefore, I'm confused how #2895 could have originally been slated to air as late as April 1992, since by the beginning of that month, the numbers would have been in the 2970's.

(I also happen to have #2978, #2979, and #2980, which all have a 1992 date stuck onto them, as opposed to the unmistakable "1" as the last digit of #2895's date. So.....I don' git it.)