Congratulations London!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Just wanted to get this thread here to... Congratulate London, England and all MC members who are from London or British.
Why am I congratulating you guys? For landing the 2012 Summer Olympic Games.

The announcement was made earlier this morning, saw it on Mike & Mike in the Morning on ESPN News... And there's a funny set of circumstances with a probable theory on how London got the Olympic Games. If you want, I could post that later.
But congrats to all the Londoners and Brits who make their online homes here at MC.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Funny to see this thread come up right now, The Count , because I just heard this news myself about five minutes ago! First time since 1948 for London to have the classic games. Congrats London! I wish I could go there today for some steak pie and chips for lunch. mmmmmmmm!

Beauregard

Reaction score
*wonders in from England*

Oh, is it? I hadn't heard...

*wonders out*

Harvey Towers

Reaction score
It's great for all of Britain to have the 2012 Olympics in London - a lot of vision and insight has been shown and a lot more hard work will go into getting the place ready.

Congratualtions to Lord Coe and the entire team who have and will be involved!

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Congratulations! If only you guys coulda' seen the determination Mayor Bloomberg pushed for NYC, it was a bit much; and as one who has to commute from Jersey to NY, I'm happy we didn't get it, not yet at least. It's far enough away though that I'm actually considering the possibility of going. England has been on my top three lists of places I really wanna' go, so way to go ENGLAND!
*waves Union Jack with a cheer*

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Oh, did London get it? I missed the announcement. Congrats! That should be pretty cool. Long live London! Who's hosting in 2008, by the way?
Erin

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Who's hosting the 2008 Summer Games?

Beijing, China.
Hope this helps.

Harvey Towers

Reaction score
I should also say commiserations to New York and the rest of the candidiate cities.

One small point: London won the Games for the whole of Great Britian not just "England"

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I think the olympics for last year had low ratings, That's what I geard.

And congrads to London. Although it ain't for another 7 years!

ryan

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, thanks Harv. And rully, it's funny to think of how, when it was down to just London and Paris... how London won out regarding a certain French president's comments.