Connections

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
Does anyone know anyone who either A. works for the JHC or B. knows someone who knew some one who did?

I do, I know someone who used to work with Carrol Spinny, before he was big bird, and was even there when he got the job! she also knew jim henson, and his wife well, shes really cool!

Any other encounters?

Punch'n'Judy

Reaction score
I know a number of background muppet performers, and assistant puppeteers (the back end of Sprocket, various right hands, or Return to Oz chickens) and some of them still seem to be in regular contact with muppeteers such as Karen P, Mike Q, Dave Barclay, Dave Geolz etc etc.

Best

J

That Announcer

Reaction score
Well, I've never met a Muppeteer- at least not yet. I intend to get Terry to sign one of my Fraggle DVDs later on this year at the IWK Telethon where he does Butch.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
I can answer yes to both: a) I know several people who work or have worked at Henson b) me being one of them: as a workshop intern back in 1999. Also on friendly terms and have met many of the performers. :smile:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Cool. Didn't know that Melissa!

I know a friend who knows a friend who works for JHC and Childrens Puppet Television in the UK.

Punch'n'Judy

Reaction score
Who's that Beauregard? I'm UK based...alwasy interesting to see who knows who! It's quite a small world really.

J

Beauregard

Reaction score
Her name is Kathy Smee. She's not overly known...:stick_out_tongue:

I will meet her one day. Apaprently she's got some stuff for me (Don't know what!) and will give it to my friend next time they meet.

Punch'n'Judy

Reaction score
I recognise the name...did she do some Yoda work on one of the recent films? There's also a Helena Smee who is a puppeteer in the UK, maybe a relation.

That Announcer

Reaction score
Punch'n'Judy said:
I recognise the name...did she do some Yoda work on one of the recent films?
If the IMDb is to be believed, she puppeteered Yoda in Episode 1, and did some work on "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy."

Punch'n'Judy

Reaction score
thatannouncer said:
some work on "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy."
Just as an aside an exhibition opens today (Saturday 28th) at The Science Museum, London, with a number of the Creature Shop creations from the filmm

J