Continuity from The Muppet Show to Muppets Tonight

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I was just thinking about how they muppets first had a theater then a television studio.
Well you know how the original Muppet Show was a live vaudeville show. Since it was broadcast on television Kermit must have had a deal with tv executives to have hidden cameras in the theater. Though why they wanted to have cameras backstage and rigged to also pick up the heckler's two-seater box is beyond me:crazy:
Anyway to put it simply, I thought perhaps the muppets may have bought the television studio that had agreed to broadcast their first show. And then they put their second concept together from there.
What do you think of my theory?
And yes before any of you start thinking I'm implying that I believe they are real like when that other member posted about their house that they all lived in, let me state I know they're only puppets.
Sorry I just had to add that though you probably understood what I meant from the start.:smirk:

Timotheus

Reaction score
I'm not saying that you're thinking like their real or whatever else, but I'm reminded of some lines from theme song of another show that used puppets, Mystery Science Theater 3000:
"If you're wondering how he eats and breathes and other science facts,
Just repeat to yourself 'It's just a show, I should really just relax...'"

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Timotheus said:
I'm not saying that you're thinking like their real or whatever else, but I'm reminded of some lines from theme song of another show that used puppets, Mystery Science Theater 3000:
"If you're wondering how he eats and breathes and other science facts,
Just repeat to yourself 'It's just a show, I should really just relax...'"
I bet that is another good television puppet show.
And don't worry I'm relaxed. I know it's all just make believe but it's fun to fantasize a bit of course. As long as you remember it's just a show after all and don't get carried away. Relax.:smile: :wink: