1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Cookie Monster makes SNL audition tape on YouTube

Discussion in 'Sesame Appearances' started by minor muppetz, Nov 23, 2010.

Buy the Muppets Most Wanted Blu-ray and Save 43%!

1. Cosby84

Cosby84 New Member

Me want news-cookie

So far the LA Times and Washington Post entertainment sections have picked up on the idea of Cookie hosting SNL. Interesting to note is that NBC has made no official comments yet.

The AP story on Cookie hosting made note that it wasn't until Betty White gathered over One Million supporters on Facebook that "victory" was declared. Of course Cookie went from 4,000 on Monday to nearly 40,000 today, with that ten-percent ratio in three days, cookie could achieve a million supporters in approximately a week if remains constant.
  2. JEANYLASER

JEANYLASER Member

yes! Let Cookie be in SNL!
  3. zns

zns Active Member

The video was beautifully done and David Rudman brought out the best that I have ever seen in Cookie Monster. I would especially love to know what kind of reaction Frank Oz would have to this. I think we should all sign up and help Cookie Monster get onto SNL. If Betty White can make it, so can he. Of course, the writers will have to be careful with what they use him for if he ever gets on the show. :insatiable::insatiable::insatiable:
  4. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Man news of this Cookie thing with video footage is EVERYWHERE on the tabloid news shows on tv, the blogs, news websites, etc. Total viral!
    Lets hope it adds up to facebook likes and youtube views.

Dude, SNL Digital Shorts with Andy Samberg. Ive been a fan of SNL since the late 80's and those are by far some of the most genius things SNL has had since the "golden" 1988-1992 period everyone loves.

Aw, good point about Sesame being near 30 Rock, PLUS Whitmire is booked up. Still, it'd be odd having a children's show character on an adult show, whereas the Muppets proper are no stranger to adult orientated talk shows. The idea of many Muppets showing up is great.

Yeah I knew the characters on 30 Rock looked a bit too Sesameish, despite them referring to them as Muppets(implying in that case they were from Disney)
    By the way that Muppet takeover of SNL(Kermit duet with Robert Deniro and the Kermit/Fozzie/Animal song with Horatio Sanz) was from December 2004. First time real Muppets had been on since 1976!
  5. beakerboy12

beakerboy12 Well-Known Member

Whoa! I checked YouTube, the video is definetely going viral!

:batty:: That's 311,081, 311,081 views! Vwonderful!
  6. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I agree to an extent, but I think the Sesame crew can take on a little Muppet Show edge afterhours as long as they keep it PG. I loved Grover's Old Spice spoof and hope they make more things like it, but you must admit that Grover was oddly aggressive in a way that's much more PG than G.

I'm just glad this isn't another Elmo moment. They could give the show to Slimey and I'd be happy!
  7. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Those are either meh or terrible. I liked the Japanese Office one, but that was about it. Gah, I miss TV Funhouse. MacGruber's alright, but repetitive.
    They were very specific Sesame Street AM patterns. I'm surprised they built another Jack Doughnahey Muppet, since they used a similar one on Sesame Street.

However, it should be of note that in another episode where Kennith runs by the HD TV camera, and he turns into a puppet, that was one they made at FAO Schwartz.
  8. Gonzo's Hobbit

Gonzo's Hobbit Well-Known Member

That was hilarious. I'd vote for it if I was on Facebook. But I'm gonna show it to other people. I love it because Cookie Monster is so zany that it just makes everything. Loved the Maccarooner and Fake News.
  9. GuySmileyfan

GuySmileyfan Member

Ooh! I would love to see it!
  10. Mupp

Mupp Member

Speaking of which, several weeks ago I saw some episodes of Muppets Tonight on youtube. In retrospect, one of the biggest flaws of the show was that The Electric Mayhem was NOT the house band. Instead, they had a new band.

What were they thinking?

Its funny. The cold opening of the pilot episode is the only time that members of the Electric Mayhem were seen on Muppets Tonight.

As a matter of fact, that cold opening included several classic characters that were either never seen again or seen very little on the show after that.
    That was the biggest flaw of the show.
    The fact that Frank Oz was not available a lot was a kiss of death for Muppets Tonight. Too many new characters, not enough classic characters.

Sorry for the rant.... Really, I would love to see Cookie on SNL and I really hope that it happens!
  11. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Active Member

I'd have Cookie Monster host the show with the musical guest as Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem. :D:halo::cool:

Would be very cool if that were to happen.
  12. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Actually, no it wasn't. Animal appeared many times on the show (and was the only one with dialogue on the show). Floyd made a cameo in the Garth Brooks episode. Zoot made appearances in the Billy Crystal and Cameo Show episodes. But adding a new house band who didn't really do anything significant was pointless (they should have just made The Electric Mayhem the house band... they would have probably done the same as the MT band). Aside from a few epsiodes that began with Clifford having brief chats with the band (which were brief gags). The band's name was never even mentioned (I asked Jim Lewis about it once and he couldn't remember what the band was called).
  13. GoboDeadly95

GoboDeadly95 Active Member

I LOVE IT! It's hysterical! :excited:
  14. Mupp

Mupp Member

Ah...Sorry about that. :o

I guess what I meant was that except for Animal, none of them really had much dialogue. And none of them were around much.

Still, its true; the Electric Mayhem should have been the house band.

It seems that they were trying too hard to make the show "hip" and "new".
  15. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

I have faith kids are finally growing tired of the red menace, and not falling for the marketing brainwashing of "elmo this/elmo that" thats had a monopoly on Sesame Street since the mid 1990's.

I was at the mall shopping with family today, and this little 2 year old girl was upset/sad that they ran out of The Count plushes at Nordstroms. I was at Kohl's today as well, and they had a whole section of new Cookie Monster shirts and merchandise. I think(least I hope) that kids and parents alike are finally having Elmo fatigue. Im happy for the money its brought into Sesame Workshop, but even the sight of Elmo makes me physically ill. Kevin Clash is such a talented master of his craft to have to forever be relegated to that character.

This "Cookie SNL" viral meme is the perfect oppurtunity to show the Sesame gang is NOT just all about Elmo, and Im happy a lot of the old school retro shirts and merchandise even omits Elmo.
  16. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Ha, I caught that blink-and-you-miss-it scene!

Trivia: FAO Schwarz is the first time since 1983 a Muppet shop has been in New York City:
    http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Muppet_Stuff

I hope they follow through with expanding the store to various Disney parks. Also, I remember my mall had a Sesame Street store(which was pretty large), but it closed in early 1996.
    http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Sesame_Street_General_Store

(apparently there was only four such stores in America, outside of the Sesame theme park in Pennsylvania)

Also, I cant believe you dont like SNL Digital Shorts...so many of those are pure genius. I mean dude, Lazy Sunday, pure genius! Ive rarely seen too many "meh" ones.
  17. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Active Member

Don't you mean David and ERIC? :confused:

Either way, I also agree that David and Eric are doing a great job of keeping Frank's characters alive.
  18. Mupp

Mupp Member

Oops... :o

sigh...:sympathy:

Yes, I meant Eric....
  19. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

not really Muppets tonight was at the time tying to being in new characters...remember at the time they were still trying to figure out what to do after the loss of Jim and Richard and frank was basically almost out the door
  20. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Wouldn't it be funny if on SNL tonight they did a sketch parodying Cookie Monster's audition tape? If the show did it would mean that somebody at SNL is aware of this.