cosby

maxdrive

Reaction score
I saw a epp of the cosby show today and one yesterday yesterday had ray charles singing bein' green and today was one with a dream and the muppets were in it sweetems the dog faced mosnter but the bigest caracter was gonzo i was wondering does disney get any money when epps like this are aired since they own the muppets if so how muchb you think they would get or does abc still have the rights to the show.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Actually, the Cosby show came on NBC, not ABC. And no, I don't think Disney would get any money since NBC holds the rights to the Cosby Show.

maxdrive

Reaction score
yes but what about the muppet stuff cosby used heck they used the muppets not just no name they used reconisible ones like gonzo wouldnt dysney get money for that epp now that they own the rights tot he muppets isnt that why they dont show kermit on sesame street any more

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
the was also a hoot look alike character when Cliff eats a bad sub and has a nightmare

muppetmayhem

Reaction score
I LOVE THE COSBY SHOW!!!!

(almost as much as the muppet show!)

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
maxdrive said:
wouldnt disney get money for that epp now that they own the rights to the muppets isnt that why they dont show kermit on sesame street any more
No, since the episode is already made the muppet owners get no money for other airing/distribution. Just like if William Shatner makes a guest spot on a TV show, he gets paid for taping the show, but not for every time the episode is shown. The contracts don't work that way.

Kermit is not on sesame street much anymore because Sesame Workshop did not want to pay for the character from Henson (or now, Disney). Although Steve works on the SS set, to get the character Kermit would cost and they would rather save the money. If they reair old Kermit segments they don't need to pay Disney. Just like Sesame workshop does not get money for every Muppet Movie DVD sold (cause Big Bird is in it), guest star/cameo spots are a once and done pay job. But if sesame workshop wanted to make a Kermit doll and sell it; they would need to pay Disney a little for each one sold.

maxdrive

Reaction score
i see and i didnt mean to call sweetems the dog faced mosnter i meant

sweetems and the dog faced monster they both were in the epp