Could Baby Bear be autistic?

APRena

Reaction score
Okay, sorry for my last comment, I just misread about Elmo and I'm not *that* offended. But seriously, this is up there with "Are Bert and Ernie gay?" No. The question just seems irrelevant.

DrmaticEmphasis

Reaction score
Okay, sorry for my last comment, I just misread about Elmo and I'm not *that* offended. But seriously, this is up there with "Are Bert and Ernie gay?" No. The question just seems irrelevant.
Well... I dont know... they are KINDA gay.... Bert especially. hehe

Kidding, Kidding.
:stick_out_tongue::frown:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well... I dont know... they are KINDA gay.... Bert especially. hehe

Kidding, Kidding.
:stick_out_tongue::frown:
Harhar, lol.

Slightly OT, but sometimes I wonder why OTHER pairs of characters are never picked on as much as Ernie and Bert are as far as allegations of homosexuality are concerned... I never see people claim that Rocky and Bullwinkle are gay (though I have seen some people confused about Rocky's gender).

DrmaticEmphasis

Reaction score
Because Rocky and Bullwinkle dont sleep in twin beds in the same room.

(Dont anyone get angry at me... I am just playing)

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
And once again, I feel embarrassed by the fact that I actually thought that Bert and Ernie were brothers. :stick_out_tongue::frown:

Mupp

Reaction score
Well, according to the new book "Sesame Street 40 Years of Life on the Street" When talking about David Rudman and the character the book says;

"After noticing a lot of R words, like porridge, in a script, he got the idea to lisp the letter. The character quirk made everyone laugh, so writers developed Baby Bear scripts."

And personally, I always assumed that the character had a lisp because he was supposed to be the "BABY" bear from the story, therefore he talks like a baby would. Even though technically he is not a baby anymore, (as mentioned when Curly Bear arrived) its still a fun character trait.

Beakerfan

Reaction score
Um, I think if any Sesame Street character was meant to have something like Autism, it would be clearly stated when the character was introduced, and all cautions would have been taken to ensure the character didn't come across as exaggerated or offensive.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Actually, for the three-and-a-half comment, I was refering to Elmo and comparing his vocabulary to those of your average three-and-a-half year old child in our reality world as an example.
The three and a half years old thing... another reference to Looney Tunes. WHo can forget Tweety Bird's famous line: "I'm only twee an' a half years old!"

DrmaticEmphasis

Reaction score
I actually think an autistic character would be really interesting... but it would be nearly impossible considering all the different types of autism.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I actually think an autistic character would be really interesting... but it would be nearly impossible considering all the different types of autism.
And top of that, with how overly sensitive lots of people are today, it would be nearly impossible to have an autistic character without offending some people watching the show with their children.