Could Kermit have sued Doc Hopper?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
In The Muppet Movie, after the Moving Right Along song, Kermit and Fozzie find a billboard advertising Doc Hopper's French Fried Frog Legs, and Kermit's likeness was painted on the sign. Doc Hopper obviously didn't get permission from Kermit to do this, so if Kermit wanted to, could he have sued Doc Hopper?

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
sure if Kermit wanted to i'll take the case i have a pre law degree and time to waste

dpurves

Reaction score
Plus I'm sure Kermit could have had a restraining order slapped on the guy for stalking him halfway across the country. I would imagine that Doc Hopper broke a lot of laws in that one movie.

Leyla

Reaction score
And let's not forget about conspiracy to commit murder! And, well, I'm not sure if there's an actual crime called attempted slavery but...

MuppetCrazy

Reaction score
Buuuttttt.......like with most movies, if that was how Kermie :smile: dealt with the situation, there would be no movie.

Blue Weirdo

Reaction score
Leyla said:
And let's not forget about conspiracy to commit murder! And, well, I'm not sure if there's an actual crime called attempted slavery but...
Well Hopper did technically offer to pay Kermit... at a rate of $500 a year. So he maybe could avoid slavery issues but that certainly violates minimun wage laws.

You know Hopper never really learned his lesson or saw Kermit's point of veiw he only ran off cause Animal scared him away. We're probably meant to assume that was the final straw and he gave up after that but did he really? Who's to say he didn't continue to come after Kermit. Think about it if he thought Kermit would make him millions before imagine what a celberty endorsement would mean.

Kermit must have done something after the movie that put Hopper out of buisness. In AVMMCM Doc Hopper's became a huge successful buisness in the world where Kermit had never been born.

Leyla

Reaction score
Ah, thats right. I forgot about that.

I know there's at least one fanfic kicking around (quite a good one as I recall) dealing with Hopper's return.

As far as Kermit interfering with Hopper's continuing success despite him, well, just picture the following cozy family scene.
------------------------------------------------
Dad: Well kids, what would you like to do? Sit down and watch The Muppet Show with Kermit the Frog or go out to eat frog leg's at... at.... what's that place called?

Mom: Oh, you mean the place that has that old guy in the hideous frog costume dancing in a highly disturbing way? Doc Hopper's, I believe.

Dad: Oh, that's right. What do you think, kids?

Kids: Muppet Show! Muppet Show!

Mom: Sounds good to me! I'll just turn on the TV... oh, look, it's that Doc Hopper commercial again.

Innocent, trusting children : AAAAAAIIIIIIEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!
--------------------

Need I say more?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Another thing that I wonder... Doc Hopper was about to kill Kermit... was he also going to kill the other Muppets, or just Kermit? After all, Kermit's friends could have testified against Doc Hopper to the police. If Doc had killed them, there would have been no witnesses (at least no witnesses who were not on Hopper's side, anyway... well, maybe Max).

dpurves

Reaction score
Blue Weirdo said:
Well Hopper did technically offer to pay Kermit... at a rate of $500 a year. So he maybe could avoid slavery issues but that certainly violates minimun wage laws.
I remember that scene from when I was a little kid, and the thought of getting $500 seemed like a big deal. Of course, I see the movie now as an adult and I realize that this isn't even $2 a day...

dpurves

Reaction score
Actually, now that I think about it, Kermit and Co. weren't too worried about following the law themselves. After all, they traded in Fozzie's Studebaker, which probably actually was owned by his uncle so therefore they wouldn't have had the right to trade it at all, then drove off and across the country in that Woodie Wagon, and at no point did they bother to get the car registered.

It's actually kind of funny that they drove clear from one side of the country to the other and the only cop they saw was the one Max was dressed as.