Could production of new Elmo's World segments be over?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Does anybody know if Sesame Workshop has officially stopped producing new Elmo's World segments? Because I read that the Frogs episode was the only new EW segment to premiere in season 40, and we all know that that was produced for season 39.

I guess it doesn't matter if the segment continues with new episodes. There are plenty of past Elmo's World segments that can be rerun, and there's only 26 episodes a season.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think the day they stop producing new EW segments entirely will be the day Miss Piggy flies. :stick_out_tongue:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'd like to think so! :big_grin:

If they are producing more, they're clearly only gonna do one or two more a season. I'd LOVE to see Elmo's Backyard replace it. If nothing else, it's shorter. Then they could put Abby right after it and close the show there.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I think the day they stop producing new EW segments entirely will be the day Miss Piggy flies.
Ha ha- couldn't help but think of Miss Bitterman's quote from "It's A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie" there. It could happen.:mad:

I haven't seen this "Elmo's Backyard" yet- what is this segment?
It certainly wouldn't bother me to not have the Elmo's World segments on Sesame Street anymore- they have run much longer than most any other segment on Sesame Street (live "Monster Clubhouse" and "Journey to Ernie", etc.- and all of them can get tiresome after a while.):grouchy::sleep:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I haven't seen this "Elmo's Backyard" yet- what is this segment?
It certainly wouldn't bother me to not have the Elmo's World segments on Sesame Street anymore- they have run much longer than most any other segment on Sesame Street (live "Monster Clubhouse" and "Journey to Ernie", etc.- and all of them can get tiresome after a while.):grouchy::sleep:
It's somewhere on SS's website... I forget exactly where, but i think it may be under press releases or something. All and all, it has a better flow, and it's shortness makes the segment's overall point pop. Unlike devoting 10+ minutes talking about a single subject.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, it looks like Miss Piggy has flown... Obviously, Elmo the Musical replaced Elmo's World last year, and there hasn't been a new one since season 40 (so I guess I was right).
That message was from 2010. 2 years before ETM premiered on the show. No one would have known then that it's not there now. But then again, it could have gone either way. Stop production on EW and rerun them anyway, and put the money back into another part of the show, or invest in a new segment. They did the latter, mercifully ending the over 10 year rule of EW. Now, we got at least a couple more minutes to the show, and the segment that replaces EW goes by fast instead of dragging on forever.