Could Seth Rogen be the new Rowlf ?

mbmfrog

Reaction score
I mean he does his voice so well on the live action SNL show.

So could he preform the :sympathy: character and still do the voice as well ?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
If there is one thing that we have learned over the past few years, with the Muppeters is they really feel that there should be one preformer per Muppet. That being said I don't think Seth would even want to attempt to be Rowlf. It is just a skit on SNL, and that's it.

pattywack

Reaction score
I'm honestly so happy after the last special with Barretta's take on Rowlf.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Listen.... Rogen is very good with Rowlf. Really he is. But not so good that he would abandon a lucrative spotlight career with films like Pineapple Express and that one with the security guard whos name escapes me at the moment (Serve and Protect, right?), etc. etc. to take a lower paying anonymous job as a puppeteer. there has never been a celebrity that ever fully performed a muppet... there was talk Christopher Reeve helped perform a couple background characters from time to time (or, in one episode) of the Muppet show. Anyone else was just a voice for the puppet. Ben Stiller the Elf, the voice of Rita Moreno in the recording of "There's nothing we Women can't be" and Robert DeNiro as a cabbage, a dog, and Elmo- all Sesame Street examples by the way... and Mel Brooks in VMX. That's about it.

Plus, I think bill has made great strides in the character for the Youtube video and LTS...

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I mean he does his voice so well on the live action SNL show.

So could he preform the :sympathy: character and still do the voice as well ?
Why would he need to when Bill Barretta already performs him so well?

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
When was the last time we ever saw Rowlf being preformed ?
Exactly what I was about to say. Barretta performs Rowlf, but very rarely does Rowlf say anything anymore. You tube videos and the making of the "Keep Fishin" video from Weezer, Rowlf really doesn't do anything, and Barretta doesn't do anything in order to make Rowlf a more noticable character.

Drtooth

Reaction score
AND there was that Youtube video that mociked those "dogs on a skateboard" videos. That was just amazing. We're getting that classic character back in the spotlight where he belongs. We came a long way from the 1 second groan in MFS....

pattywack

Reaction score
AND there was that Youtube video that mociked those "dogs on a skateboard" videos. That was just amazing. We're getting that classic character back in the spotlight where he belongs. We came a long way from the 1 second groan in MFS....
We sure are! The Muppets are truely on their way for a big comeback, and Rowlf will most definitely be a part of that :sympathy: :big_grin: