Couldn't Kermit be the face of all of the Muppets ?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Sesame Street uses the same disclaimer for Kermit, same as they used to have a disclaimer that said "Muppets (C) The Jim Henson Company" before they got the show specific characters back.
And it seems like The Jim Henson Company occasionally gets the copyright credit for Kermit instead of The Muppet Holding Company. Henson got the credit in season 35 (I figure it's because the two anniversary specials and the seasonw ere all completed before the sale), I've read that a season 36 episode with Do De Rubber Duck also listed Kermit as a trademark of The Jim Henson Company, and the packaging for the recent rerelease of Follow That Bird attributed Kermit as being a trademark of Henson.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
I think Kermit is the face of the Muppets because he was the first Muppet ever to be created and that lead to more characters being created. I think Kermit is the leader of all Muppets, but Jim Henson was the real leader of everything that happened during his lifetime.

Drtooth

Reaction score
And it seems like The Jim Henson Company occasionally gets the copyright credit for Kermit instead of The Muppet Holding Company. Henson got the credit in season 35 (I figure it's because the two anniversary specials and the seasonw ere all completed before the sale), I've read that a season 36 episode with Do De Rubber Duck also listed Kermit as a trademark of The Jim Henson Company, and the packaging for the recent rerelease of Follow That Bird attributed Kermit as being a trademark of Henson.
Hmmm.... I can say for seasons 35 and 36 they credited the company because it wasn't finalized until after they were both broadcast.... wonder why Follow that bird has it? Last few times I checked, I saw Muppets Inc or something like that on the current show.

Elmo The Second

Reaction score
I wouldn't say that Kermit is the face of the muppets, even though he was one of the first muppets made:smile: But I think the muppets should all share the fame. But I do say he's one of the head honchos

''hey look ma, no brains!'':boo: Waldorf, The Great Muppet Caper

Nick22

Reaction score
kermit pretty much is the face of the muppets, i think. and he should be. he deserves it :smile::smile::smile: