Count Up To 9

Soul H

Reaction score
Does anyone know what happens in the music video Count Up To 9?

I remember Count putting a coin in a juke-box like machine, but that's all I remember.

ssetta

Reaction score
I haven't seen this bit in ages. I remember the song more than I remember the video. Actually, it's on the video "Rock and Roll", but I think they edited out the beginning. On the album "Born to Add", it starts with an organ intro like most Count songs, and then goes into the real song. There was something like a jukebox machine with illuminated numbers 1-9 on it, but my memory of it is very faint.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Who better to field this question than myself? Ah ha! Yes, Count Up to 9 indeed!
I might not have enough sight left to actually watch images on the TV, but I do have my memories. And vat vonderful memories they are!
OK, this song did begin with the classic organ music intro used for sketches with the Count von Count back in the day. That's an aria I hum to myself from time to time. What happens next is the Count puts a nickel into a nickelodeon, the predecessor of the jukebox, and the numbers from 1 to 9 light up as the back-up singers' voice counts them up. At the end of this little back-up singers' count, we hear a werewolf's howl as if echoing the song's chorus. The Count then proceeds to sing his song as he moves in front of the nickelodeon, with bats flying above them both. When the Count reaches the part of the song where he stops and asks to count to numbers on the way to 9, the machine illuminates or lights up those specific numbers.

"I know you can count up to 7." (sung by the Count.)
"1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7." (sung by the machine.) And we see the seven numbers light up.
This happens when the Count asks if it can count up to 8 right after, and every time the machine counts up to 9.
The song ends with the Count counting up to 9 himself as the machine goes through several loops of the chorus, with the werewolf howls and bats flying above. The song ends with a sort of melding between the song's music and the organ music intro for the Count, as it plays in closing at the song's end.
Hope this helps and have a good time counting up to that naughty number 9.

mikealan

Reaction score
Does anyone have the complete video version of Count Up to 9 by The Count?

I know that it was never on Unpaved!