Countdown to Farscape Peacekeeper Wars

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We are now under two weeks away to the long-awaited Farscape Peacekeeper Wars mini-series which will be airing in the US on Sunday night October 17 and Monday night October 18. This thread is devoted to talk about the miniseries before it airs.

Also, you can gear up for the new miniseries by watching all 88 episodes of Farscape during SCI FI's Daytime Rotation, Monday through Friday, 9AM-4PM, from Friday, Oct. 1, through Friday, Oct. 15.

The official synopsis for the mini-series is:

Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars will continue the adventures of astronaut John Crichton and his intergalactic comrades. Newly engaged and expectant parents John Crichton (Ben Browder) and Aeryn Sun (Claudia Black) have been chased around the galaxy and have fallen in love, and now all they want is for their baby to be born and live in peace. However, they will first have to survive an all-out galactic war between the Scarrans and the Peacekeepers as well as the myriad outlandish and unexpected surprises that have become the hallmark of this award-winning series.
So let us know your thoughts on this anticipated mini-series. How do you hope the series ends? What characters do you hope have a happy ending? And if you have never watched Farscape, will you tune in for this special event?

Whatever

Reaction score
I'm glad to see Jim Henson company stuff out there, but I've never seen it.
I won't get to this time around either, no TV.

Amazing Mumford

Reaction score
I've only seen bits and pieces of Farscape over the past few years. It always seemed intriguing, but just never pulled me in all the way. However, I did catch what I presume was the series finale on Sci-Fi Channel a few weeks ago. Now, THAT was interesting. As for the miniseries? I'm not sure--it depends on if I can catch up on the back story and characters (via reruns) before then.

Puppetmaker

Reaction score
I pulled together all my DVDs and I am about half way through the 3rd season. What I like about watching them back to back to back is that stuff from the first season impacted on the 3rd and beyond.

I talked to a bunch of the actors from Farscape at DragonCon. One of them remembered I was a puppeteer and told the guys to tell me about Pilot. Apparently, they couldn't find the final blueprints for the puppet. So they went from an earlier version and it was a total mess inside the head. They had to redo it so Pilot would operate properly.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ben Browder (John Crichton) will be on the Late Late Show this Friday night on CBS promoting the Farscape mini-series which begins airing on Sunday evening and will conclude on Monday night. Check out the appearance and let us know what you think.

http://www.cbs.com/latenight/latelate/

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just a reminder Jim Henson's mini-series Farscape: Peacekeeper Wars airs TONIGHT (Sunday) and tomorrow (Monday) on the Sci Fi Channel.

Even if you have never watched the show, take some time to tune in and let us know what you think. It's on at 9 pm eastern, 8 pm central.