Counting Castle Haunts Wanted.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Okay, this isn't a fic story per say... But some might recognize what I'm asking for here.

As someone who who is a huge fan of monsters and creatures of myth and ghosts and ghouls, one of my long-ago favorite portions of Disney was/is their Haunted Mansion. The problem I find with that attraction though is their lack of featuring its full capacity of deadsidents—please pardon the pun. The ride's story claims that 999 Happy Haunts dwell within the mansion's entire grounds... And yet, I can't find any researchable source on the internet that tells me who all 999 ghosts are. Sure, there's a Wiki that gives you all 626+ experiments created by Dr. Jumba Jokiba... But still, I can't get any similar listings of the Haunted Mansion's spooks.

So that kind of inspired me originally to think about the matter. Thanks to a little known company named Palisades Toys and an online community that shall go nameless :shifty:, my love and spark of fondness for the Muppets was rekindled after an interlude where I cut said ties for purposes of concentrating on collegiate studies. Well, I fell back in love with my old friends thanks to that wonderful company's figure line. Through the years, talented people have continued to put forth fun new interpretations through their custom creations. Remembering that, there were discussions I participated in where we speculated what kind of classic monsters the Muppet characters could assume—a concept already somewhat explored in the video game Muppet Monster Adventure.

So I kept thinking... If the idea of the Haunted Mansion were to be transported to the Muppet realms, what one location would serve as the perfect destination to house all manner of monster-like spooks? And given that it's meant to have 999 souls... Combined with the fact that one of my flaws as a collector/creator of characters is to feature every individual addition by duely ennumerating them, thereby creating a perfect counting continuity who would be the natural host for such a ghostly gathering? Well, the answer hit me almost instantly. Who better than my own Muppet Central namesake and his Counting Castle.

The one obstacle I keep hitting against though... Ennumerating everybody while trying to retain some semblance of balance so as not to overwhelm a lineup of ten with too many heavy hitters from the community of creatures I've amassed so far in list form. Yes, the afinity I acquired from Palisades for planning has played a small part in my constant wemblings. And that's another thing, which is why I'm posting this. The list of potential invitees is about 400 entries short from totaling a full thousand, thereby equalling Disney's perported haunted haul. My list has those creeps that I've already imagined in my mind's eye, thereby confirming them to have a defined idea if their write-ups haven't been done as of yet since that's what I'm limited to in terms of fan creations these days due to my blind batty eyes.

Please reply if you get an idea for a haunter you'd like to have join the cast of souls: whether Muppet kid or human, inanimate being, animal, Muppet character somewhat monstrified, or otherwise.
Or you can help me by ennumerating various characters who haven't been assigned their particular number from 1 to 1000 as of yet.
Dunno what kind of replies if any I'll get, but at least I'm opening the doors to pool all resources available to me from my forum friends.

Thanks for listening to my ramblings.
*Leaves cookies for all.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Did you leave 'em in your other pants?