Covering fleece on advanced patterns

BorkBork

Reaction score
when doing the fleece skin for advanced foampatterns like propologist's here, will the same pattern be used for fleece?

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
depends on the materiial, sometime you can use the same pattern, but fabric strecthces different than foam, i suggest drappin the foam sculpt and making your own pattern

intozlight

Reaction score
The pattern for the fleece should be more basic and you will want to put the seams where they will be less noticable. As ravage says, if you drape and carefully cut (consider where your seams are) you should be able to make a better covering. Remember to put it to paper and it will save you time on the next one!
Good Luck

wes

Reaction score
I Used that pattern to make a head and coverd it in Antron Fleece t worked real well, I found when using antron fleece you can use the same size pattern just trace the same pattern you use in the foam and hand stich. You can use the same size due to the strecth in the fabric Antron is very forgiving, Remeber if you use a another fabric say polar fleece you will need a seam allowance and will have to enlarge the pattern (wich you can do on a Copying machine)

Hope thaty helps!!:smile:

BorkBork

Reaction score
wes said:
I Used that pattern to make a head and coverd it in Antron Fleece t worked real well, I found when using antron fleece you can use the same size pattern just trace the same pattern you use in the foam and hand stich. You can use the same size due to the strecth in the fabric Antron is very forgiving, Remeber if you use a another fabric say polar fleece you will need a seam allowance and will have to enlarge the pattern (wich you can do on a Copying machine)

Hope thaty helps!!:smile:
Thanks! Well i know about seem allowance when using sewingmachine :wink: It's good to know that the same pattern works with antronfleece. I never use polar theese days anymore. I've also found that handstitching is better. You get more control over the end result.

Thanks for all the replies.

puppetsmith

Reaction score
You should be able to get away with a lot less seams than the foam pattern if you use the draping method as suggested. Less seams, less sewing, less time. :wink:

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
If anyone hasn't already read it, Sean J.'s Ratchet tutorial has some good info on draping and cutting fabric if I recall.

intozlight

Reaction score
Hey buck - can you put up a link?

Thanks