Crank Yankers: Henson influence or not?

muppetmayhem

Reaction score
this is sort of a dumb question. Do you think that the Jim Henson company played any role in the puppetry skills needed to create the puppets that some of us may see on Crank Yankers. I have a feeling that he didn't. But the puppets on the show do look like something that Henson could make. I have only watched the show twice and didn't finish it because it was too perverted. If anybody has ever watched the show or "part" of the show than you know what i am talking about. What do you think? I hope I didn't ruin evrybodies day by bringing up the "Crank Yanker" issue. I personally hate the show. The show invites young children because of its puppets, but if you actually seen the type of crap on that show, you might not let your child come withen 100 mile radius of a television displaying the gross show. I hope I made sense of this. :sympathy: :sympathy:

baby sinclair

Reaction score
No waaaaaaaaaaay!That shows hurrendous they also insult the muppets all the time.Not to mention the art of puppetry.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
That show is not related to Henson in any way. I personally quite like the show or atleast some parts of it. Some of it is pretty stupid and pointless. I like the idea of puppets for an adult audience which is what this show is for, not made for kids, just because its puppets doesnt mean its for kids.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Many people who have worked for JHC at some point have had something to do with the show, but not as Henson performers. More like 'free agent' stuff.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Henson had a hand in (pun not intended) that "Jack the Bunny" or whatever show that was on FOX for a short while, right?

Jivepuppet

Reaction score
The Henson Company didn't have anything to do with Greg the Bunny. Yes, some Henson puppeteers performed on the show, but like said before "free agents". I personally loved the show and can't wait for it on DVD. :crazy:

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Oh Greg the Bunny, knew it was something like that. :smirk:

Seth Green was on that show wasn't he? I never got to see it, but always heard good things!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Greg was lame in the beginning, but there were 2 episodes that DID get me and were VERY funny.

basically, if you don't see Jim Henson or Henson attached in the opening or closing credits anywhere, then Henson is NOT related to the project at all. It's basically that simple.

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
muppetmayhem said:
The show invites young children because of its puppets, but if you actually seen the type of crap on that show, you might not let your child come withen 100 mile radius of a television displaying the gross show. I hope I made sense of this. :sympathy: :sympathy:
first off, the show is hi-friggin-larious. second off, how exactly does it "invite young children" because of the puppets? is it advertised on nick jr or something? ive only seen it advertised on comedy central. just because a show has puppets on it doesnt mean it has to be squeaky clean, in fact nothing ****** me off more than when people think puppets are just for kids. no show helps get rid of that stereotype more than this one.

baby sinclair said:
No waaaaaaaaaaay!That shows hurrendous they also insult the muppets all the time.Not to mention the art of puppetry.
i don't see the big deal. normal people get away with that kind of talk on tv and in movies all the time. but it's wrong when a puppet says it. oh yea that makes alot of sense. :rolleyes: personally i think having a puppet making those comments or acting in that behavior is alot more acceptable then normal people because we know that their inanimate objects. in other words, lighten up dude