Creepy Muppet/Henson music

Reaction score
Creepy Muppet Music

:crazy:

"X Marks the Spot" from "Sesame Street" creeped me out the most when I was a kid, but I definitely agree that "Hugga Wugga" is a very unsettling thing! It's also useful for annoying people with!

Ryan

Reaction score
Gorgon Heap said:
Told ya, UK Spot Cheryl Ladd episode. Never been broadcast or released on video in the U.S.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole
What about Nickelodeon, didn't it air there?

Ryan

Reaction score
I'm suprised nobody has mentioned "The Glutton" theme song from Ed Sullivan. That's some pants-wetting music, that is. :wink:

jellyman kelly

Reaction score
Mr.Penguin said:
Philip Kippel, what's so scary about the Sesame Street Medley??
I've never heard it but I don't get it.

-:zany:
i think its the harmonica...and barkley dissapearing behind the tree...
*shivers*

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
My first song is definately Hugga Wugga.I love the song,but add the Hugga Wugga to it<shivering>.My other song is Sweetums from The Frog Prince(polly wolly froggy get a mighty....).The worm song,when I heard it on the anniv. cd(never heard it before that).The music during the Merdlidop sketch too.Music beginning to Windmills of Your Mind.Music during Zero Mostel sketch when he confronts his fears.And the song Trudge trudge. :embarrassed:

P

Philip Kippel

jellyman kelly said:
i think its the harmonica...and barkley dissapearing behind the tree...
*shivers*
I was referring to the "bells and horns music" that played during the grant acknowledgements at the end of every SS episode for many years. It's called "Sesame Street Closing Medley" on Muppet Central Radio.

I, for one, am still glad that they don't use the "bells and horns music" anymore.

When did they stop using the "bells and horns music" anyway?

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
:confused: Okay, I've got to ask. What's so scary :eek: about this Sesame Street closing medley with bells and horns? If it's what I'm thinking of, I think I've heard it before and I don't think it's all that scary. Is there somewhere to listen to it on the Internet or is it just on Muppet Central Radio? I'd also like to hear that and this "Hugga Wugga" song. I have heard the "There's A New Sound" song on the 25th. anniversary album and I don't think it's particularly scary. I think more than anything, there were sketches on The Muppet Show and Sesame Street that scared me some as a child. :concern: Even today they still creep me out some. I'm thinking of particularly the Egypt sketch on Sesame Street where :frown: and :stick_out_tongue: run into mummies that look just like them and the Ernie mummy starts talking to Ernie and singing with him. By the end of the sketch, it isn't scary anymore, but the first part is. And the Inchworm sketch on The Muppet Show, where Lenny the Lizard and Gorgon Heap do the whole bigger monster eats little monster routine is still quite creepy.

Fireimps87

Reaction score
Salmoto said:
Uh, the music on Muppet Race Mania for playstation. It's just creepy how much it sounds like something out of "The Muppet show" and "Fraggle Rock" when nobody from the muppet stable came near it.
I agree with you there..Muppet Race Mania's version of the Muppet Show sounds kinda creepy..with all the organs and stuff.

Squigiman

Reaction score
I was going to mention the Egyptian sketch, but someone beat me to it. Though, honestly, I'd have to say that the end was the scariest part with the laugh, getting back into place, the zoom, his eyes, all topped off by the creepy Egyptian music. It sure scared the **** out of me, at least. I lived with 14 years of fear, paranoia, anxiety, and nightmares because of that, though not specifically the music. Mainly the character of the statue. Besides some of the other great suggestions, I'd have to also add the "ABCDE-CDEFG..." song by Richard and Jerry from Sesame Street. Yep, that's it.

-Squigiman