Current episodes without Elmo's world...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Let the speculation commence!

I decided to seperate this from the "Your Thoughts" thread so we can keep it just on thoughts about the episodes.

I feel that the 2 episodes are going to be released in a DVD format, more akin to Friends to the Rescue and Sings Karioke than the TV fun pack sets. The fact they are themed pretty much has a nod to that hypothosis.

Of course, we could also say SW is trying to either sepperate or terminate the EW segments and is trying to experiment to see if it is possible by slowly phasing it out.

What do you think?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
::shrugs:: I don't know, it could just be that Kevin Clash is busier these days with added responsibilities.

wiley207

Reaction score
I think it could be because Sesame Workshop might be thinking of a separate "Elmo's World" program. I agree with that idea. But my suggestion for current episodes if that there is an Elmo-heavy episode, then do not show Elmo's World. If Elmo does not appear in the street scenes or any other segments, THEN showing Elmo's World is a good idea. But I'd like to see more "Trash Gordon" and other Oscar/Slimey bedtime story segments.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I personally wouldn't want a separate Elmo's World. Just because I doubt the original show would survive without it, as difficult as that is for me to say. I could be totally wrong and if I am, that's great. But for now, that's where I am.

But another thing, separating Elmo's World almost sounds like a war tactic, heh. We can't get along so we must separate. It's not really true to the spirit of the show. Granted, having Elmo be so prominent hasn't been true to the show either. But I'm not sure removing him is the answer.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I dunno.... as mixed as I am about EW, I think that both shows can survive alongside each other. Seems that there's a difference in quality (not that quality, mind you... the one concerning the subject matter) in EW and the rest of the show. EW seems to be geared to the youngest viewers, and the older ones might find it a bit repetitive. Might. I'm not out there testing the kids, so I don't know it for a fact.

I am leaning more towards DVD release than EW sepperation/liquidation. This seems like it could be an experiment in seeing if kids can do without EW, however. But yeah... I can clearly see these videos right now. I can almost picture the cover art.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It's just that I saw an episode the other day and while it didn't feature Elmo World's, it felt like the same sort of show. Only without the very popular character. Not sure it would work.

Though, even if it did, I'd rather show my kids the older episodes, at least in conjunction with the new ones.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
::shrugs:: I don't know, it could just be that Kevin Clash is busier these days with added responsibilities.
If Kevin Clash is too busy to perform in many new Elmo's World segments, then obviously the old ones could just be shown.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well, kids do notice these things, and from what I've read, companies don't consider it a good sign when a show starts rerunning itself too much.

Drtooth

Reaction score
They could clearly have shown any one of many Elmo's Worlds in those 2 episodes. It has nothing to do with Kevin at all.

Mayhaps after years off fan complaints, they're actually trying to see what would happen if EW was no longer a part of the show. That's why those 2 episodes had recurring segments.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It could be that they're trying to phase out Elmo's World. I don't discount that. I'm just saying companies know by experience that when they start rerunning a show too much, people get tired of it and stop watching (yes even if they're little kids).

Any of these theories could be true. All we're doing is speculating because we don't know. :smile: