1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

'Customizing' Gonzo's Cannon

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by FlyingMonkey, Feb 22, 2003.

1. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey New Member

Forgive me if this has been asked before....

Has anyone in the US attempted to 'customize' the spring in Gonzo's cannon. I'm lookin' for a little more firepower :)

Any ideas on how to do this?
  2. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy New Member

What do you mean more firepower?:confused:
  3. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey New Member

Well... I'd like Gonzo to shoot farther out of the cannon... like across the room :)

I'm basically looking for instructions on how to swap out the spring in the cannon for a more powerful one.
  4. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy New Member

Oh, gotcha!

Don't ask me, I'm clueless how to do things like that. I hear the UK version of the toy has a far more powerful spring, though.
  5. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Without question your best bet would be to track down one of the UK exclusives that has the much more powerful spring. One of the UK folks can answer this, but can people order the more powerful spring version on-line? They might be able to ship it to the US or maybe not. Just depends on the company.
  6. Raech

Raech Member

Um, I think he wants to know if anyone in the US has replaced their spring and how to?

I too wanted to know this. As I really want to. Maybe Ken knows????
  7. the great prawn

the great prawn New Member

hey i live in the uk, and i have a gonzo figure with the cannon!! what u wanna know?:confused:

the great prawn :rolleyes:
  8. Raech

Raech Member

actually I wanted to know if anyone in the USA had taken appart their cannon and replaced the spring. And how to do it.
  9. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

I haven't heard of anyone doing this, i remember i said something about it before the figure came out because i knew the US cannon would be weeker, then i got mine and he shoots pretty far! better then the "falling out" way that was said, my EX gonzo dosen't go as far. i think i got a mixed up cannon with my other one;) looking at how to take it apart, i would think it might break if you did. i don't know.
  10. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

All toys have a seam, based on the glue that keeps it together you might be able to split it down that seam to insert a stronger spring.

Only fear there is that the repair work you do may not be good enough to keep it together for always.

So far, though, I've just been playing around with it and pretending it's shooting Gonzo farther.

FOZ
  11. SNLIM

SNLIM New Member

maybe i'm just out of the loop, but i never heard of the uk getting an exclusive gonzo with a more powerful spring, how cool! when was this announced?
  12. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy New Member

It's not so much exclusive. Their version has a more powerful spring. I guess it's because their children are smarter and realize that Gonzo does not belong lodged in their throat. American kids need higher safety standards because they're too curious for their own good. "Hmmm, a blue toy! And it flies! Maybe I can make it into my mouth, Hyuck Hyuck!"

I tell ya, the English kids who watch Teletubbies turn out just fine!
  13. SNLIM

SNLIM New Member

lol, thanks for your help :D
  14. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey New Member

Wow. Didn't think I'd get such a big response from this :)

So, I guess the question now is... has anyone in the UK tested this 'more powerful spring' theory???
  15. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Ken stated that only the American market received the weaker spring because of our very strict safety standards. They think that some child is going to point the cannon at right at one of their eyes and shoot the Gonzo at it. LOL! Well, kids do crazy things. Anyway, all other markets did get a stronger spring. I don't see why anyone would want to catapult such a beatiful figure out of the cannon anyway, I wouldn't want to get it scraped up. But I guess we are supposed to "play with it!"
  16. Zack the Dog

Not that I use the cannon anymore but when I first got it I used to put a pillow in front of the cannon for gonzo to land on....Gonzo didn't really like it, but i didn't care;)
  17. Louis Kazagger

Louis Kazagger New Member

I doubt Ken is going to come on here and tell us how to circumvent the safety standards of the toy. That's just asking for a lawsuit, in the event that a stray souped up Gonzo should injure someone. ;) And you just know that if someone customizes their cannon, it's going to be like the Red Rider BB Gun incident all over again. You'll put your eye out! :D
  18. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

Well, they're right for doing so, because even on the lower spring action I still got a black eye for doing that!

F:oZ
  19. Zack the Dog

There is also danger in flinging other items out of the cannon rather then just the gonzo figure, I've shot out crazy harry's bomb and Fozzie's rubber chicken which didn't seem like harm, but Lew Zealands sword fish could really put your eye out! not to mention the reg piggy's head!:mad: it's a good thing there is a warning lable on the cannon, the thing is though, will it be okay to fling purple tux gonzo out of the cannon rather then the daredevil or crashhelmet gonzo figure? that is the question!;) :mad:

Zack)Rowlf the, how about rizzo or camilla or pepe later on?Dog.
  20. Raech

Raech Member

Well I am a 32 yr old adult, and if I change my own toy they would not be liable. I would. Alterations would be an after market thing. I just meant if he had tips to take it apart not replace the spring per se.