Cut lines?

Rugratskid

Reaction score
In Uncle Matt Comes Home on the DVD release, certain parts of the episode have a few lines that are a little crisper in quality, and the background echo disappears. Does anyone know why? I can post a line or two to YT if you want me to so you can see what I mean.

Beige Fraggle

Reaction score
Really? Do you mean the lines were re-recorded later in a sound booth or something? Because when you said 'cut lines' I thought you meant like deleted scenes.

Rugratskid

Reaction score
No, you are right. I sounds and looks like they we re-recorded before the DVD release.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
That's typical of a lot of TV shows. They may want a different reading of the line, but they didn't have a different take or they may change the line. Like the "Omelet station" line from M11.

Beige Fraggle

Reaction score
What scene has these lines? I have the entire series on DVD so I can check it out for myself.

Rugratskid

Reaction score
It's the scene where Uncle Matt and Gobo are fighting in the caves and Wembley tries to break it up.

Beige Fraggle

Reaction score
One of the best moments in the episode. XD My mom's favorite part was when Gobo said "You couldn't lead your way to that rock!" and Uncle Matt responds with "What, this rock? This rock here? This rock, Gobo?" She always laughed so hard at that. ^__^

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
I like that part too. I also like how it's Wembley who finds the Crystal Caverns.
He had to find the Crystal Caverns himself because Gobo and his Uncle Matt were fighting. Wembley did not like it, so that's why he ran away to that cavern.

Slackbot

Reaction score
I've caught other examples of this kind of thing in FR and other shows. Sometimes a character speaks but the lips don't move, or a character appears to be talking and we hear nothing, or the lips will not match the words being spoken. Looks like they changed the script after the scene was filmed, and just changed the audio rather than re-perform it. Happens all the time, so I hear. Wish I could remember which FR episodes I've noticed it in.