Cyndi Lauper - At Last!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Most of you guys that know me are also aware of my unnatural obsession with Cyndi Lauper (yes she is still alive). Her last album has been delayed for over two years. They released an EP a while back and another greatest hits last summer but she hasn't had a full-fledged CD since Merry Christmas, Have a Nice Life in 1998.

She has loads of original material sitting around somewhere. I downloaded some of the demos from Napster years ago. Nonetheless this album is completely comprised of standards. Not too stoked about that, but I'm excited anyway. She's a dying breed of artist - one that can actually sing without the aid of electronics. She also has a distinct passion in her voice that is unequalled by other performers.

Anyway, here's the album cover. www.jamesvier.com/etc/cyndi.jpg (Love the cover. Not sure if she designed this one, but she is always involved in her cover art)

And here are some samples from the official site. http://www.cyndilaupermusic.com/

The new album hits stores November 14th.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
frogboy4 said:
Most of you guys that know me are also aware of my unnatural obsession with Cyndi Lauper.
*dies laughing*

it's ok...kinda like me and my off kilter boys :flirt: (I get to see them live in december!!)

Manda:-D

Reaction score
YAY!!! I've always liked Cyndi Lauper....Funny thing is, Nov. 14th's my Dad's birthday...And he actually likes Cyndi Lauper! (Amazing, if you know my Dad!) Maybe I'll give him the CD for his birthday....Nah, that might be too evil.

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Sigh -- Cyndi, Cyndi, Cyndi. Sweet, beautiful, adorable Cyndi. I've been thinking about her a lot lately. I was just watching The Goonies DVD with her music videos on it, and my roommate just played me a RealOne video of (of all things) "We Are the World." (I have no idea why he did this; he knew nothing of my obsession for Cyndi, and I didn't even remember she was in it.) Cyndi was the only one who didn't need to hold the words in front of her to remember her lines. What a pro. :flirt:

That's a fabulous photo of her on the site. Much more reserved than usual. I suppose she can't do the punk thing forever. LOL! (What can I say? I have a thing for girls with the punk look. When you've got an amazing voice like Cyndi's, that doesn't hurt either.)

Too bad it's just covers. But hey, if it gets her some attention again, I'm all for it.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Even without the yellow hair, that image really fits her personality. I like how on the surface it's striking, but when you really think about it, she's coming out of a manhole in a gown. LOL!

Chilly Down

Reaction score
ROTFL!!! I totally missed that at first. Now THAT'S pure Cyndi. :wink:

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
You know, most of the critics picked Cyndi over Madonna in the early eighties as the one who would last, mostly because she could sing. (Love that note that goes on forever at the end of "Money Changes Everything"!) I've had the 45 of "I Drove All Night" for years and it's always been my fave tune of hers, yet people are just catching on to the song 11 or 12 years later! (The States can keep Celine, by the way, don't send her back to us, please!) She always pops up here and there, it seems, always doing something interesting, but it's that voice that keeps the material interesting. I just saw an interview clip on MuchMoreMusic where she says this could be the first time she's used her voice to it's fullest on an album. SHEESH! I'm sure it'll be amazing.

Well, it's 6:15 A.M. and I'm heading to work. *sigh* The wonders of Christmas-season retail.

later
eric

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Smy Guiley said:
(The States can keep Celine, by the way, don't send her back to us, please!)
she doesn't have U.S. citizenship, she's yours all the way!

Manda,

Don't you know that you buy it unwrap it (because we all know that all plastic is horrible to get through when you want to listen to the CD!) then you put the music on the computer, so you don't have to steal his CD every time you need a Cindy fix

NikZane

Reaction score
I love Cyndi... and I love covers (when done well). The samples on her site sound great and that album cover is gorgeous. Can't wait to get it - I think I'll have to go get it signed at the Virgin Store on Sunset (Nov 21 @ 7pm, yay!)