1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

D23 Expo: Muppet news and happenings

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by theprawncracker, Sep 11, 2009.

1. BIGMuppetFan

BIGMuppetFan Member

I am so so excited to hear what Muppet News comes out of this!!

I really hope we get to hear about TMS Season 4 and 5 on DVD

I also hope we get to hear alot about the new Movie and new products that will come out for the movie

I hope we get new plush and stuffed figures and action figures!!
    frogboy4 likes this.
  2. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

So one month to go, and not a word on the schedule? Is this normal? By this time in 2009 the full schedule had been released. I still want to go but just for the Muppet specific day...really hope they can announce that soon
  3. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Plush is a no-brainer... action figures seem to be kind of a stretch. It isn't exactly the same toy market as it was 10 years ago that the epic toy line from Palisades flourished in. I'm sure we'll see something good, though. I would be happy with a Deluxe PVC set like TS3 and Cars 2 got.
  4. RockSTAR girl

RockSTAR girl Member

Didnt see this mentioned yet, but Jim is going to be inducted to the Disney Legends (ie hall of fame) this year at D23 Expo, this ceremony takes place on Friday the 19th. The Walt Disney studio will have there panel on Saturday the 20th. Still no word on a Muppet specific panel, but in 09 the Muppets came out on the boat during the studio panel and a separate Muppet only panel also went down. Hope that helps anyone debating on coming down.
  5. RockSTAR girl

RockSTAR girl Member

6. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Very cool...I just am curious why no events have been listed, especially for the Muppets. In 2009 Sunday was the big Muppet day...is there any word on what day will be the big Muppet film/future related day?
  7. TSSD

TSSD Active Member

Well they haven't released the entire schedule yet, just some of it. Worst comes to worst, there will hopefully be at least a small mention of the movie in the Walt Disney Studios presentation.
  8. RockSTAR girl

RockSTAR girl Member

9. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Very cool. Looks like they're not going all out Muppet wise as 2009, but as to be expected since Marvel is getting a huge focus. Can't wait to hear and see reports though! I'm kind of glad it's not going to be an epic Muppet jamboree as I'm now way too broke to attend:)

Maybe they'll have a Muppet themed weekend at Disneyland like they did with Tron Legacy this fall?
  10. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Wouldn't it be great if Walter was at this event? It would make a bit of sense.
  11. Drtooth

I was at the Disney Store last night, and while I didn't see any Muppet stuff (besides the Vynalmations which were sold out and a couple Animal shirts), but I did see them on the big screen, and the words D23 were written all over the background. I don't know what they said, since I was just getting into the store when it happened, and I was too enthralled by the Phineas and Ferb stuff....
  12. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Active Member

Or you know how World of Color (the nighttime spectacular at California Adventure) often places a finale tag to the ending of the show, promoting one of the studio's newest major film releases (ie: Tron Legacy, Pirates 4, etc.)?

I think they could add a special finale tag to "World of Color" this winter, featuring clips from "The Muppets" and maybe set them to "Life's a Happy Song". :D
  13. Drtooth

I highly look forward to whatever shaky, possibly not legal footage of the Muppets at the convention.

Seriously. I'm all excited to hear all the fuzzy, furry, and foamy details.