Daddy Dear

Rugby

Reaction score
I just heard it on Muppet Central Radio. I had forgotten all about it until now and had forgot how scary the song and the visuals were. It's called Daddy Dear and is about the letter D. They sing about ducks not having ears and dragons don't smoke cigars, the gophers dig the holes so they can hide the candy bars. And then about a dandelion and the water drying up with the tadpoles in the water and proceeds to get even scarier and creepier. This clip still terrifies me to this day. Anybody else?

fozziefan

Reaction score
Hi

Don't worry that song freaks me out too. You're not alone.

fozziefan

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
This has always been one of my favorite cartoons actually.I can understand why it can frighten someone.It does have surrealism qualities to it(just like the surealness of E song).

D, D, D, D
Daddy dear, oh daddy dear
Do dogs have dreams, do ducks have ears?
Do dragons dance, why do gophers dig holes?
Do gophers dress up in their dirty clothes?

D, D, D, D
Dogs dream of meat and their dreams are delicious
Ducks do have ears but they don't do the dishes
Gophers dig holes to hide their candy bars
Dragons don't dance and they don't smoke cigars

D, D, D, D
Daddy dear, oh daddy sweet
Do dandylions roar, do daisies have feet?
May I have a drink of water and a dish of tadpoles?
Daddy how deep is a doughnut hole?

D, D, D, D
If dandylions roar then your daddy is deaf
The daisies drank the water so the tadpoles left
Your eyes are droopy darling daughter and you're dizzy in the head
The toads are eating dinner so it's time to go to bed

Little dolly go to bed

D

HarveyK

Reaction score
Rugby said:
I just heard it on Muppet Central Radio. I had forgotten all about it until now and had forgot how scary the song and the visuals were. It's called Daddy Dear and is about the letter D. They sing about ducks not having ears and dragons don't smoke cigars, the gophers dig the holes so they can hide the candy bars. And then about a dandelion and the water drying up with the tadpoles in the water and proceeds to get even scarier and creepier. This clip still terrifies me to this day. Anybody else?
Wow! Thank you! What an awesome flashback.

salemfan

Reaction score
I think I saw that song in Season 31 in the episode when Baby Bear has a playdate with his Papa Bear.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
Many of the questions in the lyrics are not realistic. But for the question "do daisies have feet?", well, technically, daisies do have feet - if referring to females named Daisy, such as Daisy Fuentes, Daisy Duke, etc.