Danger

Whatever

Reaction score
I wish I could say I don't know what's gotten into me. But I know it all too well. I used to be the good child who barely wanted anything. If I hinted that I wanted - for example the Muppet Quilting book- my dad would pre-order it in July for my November birthday because there were so few things I wanted it was hard to find anything to get me. Not anymore. I was always a Muppets fan, but there wasn't anything to buy. Now there are action figures, CDs, and especially DVDs, especially of the Muppet Show. Now there are. And I want 'em, want 'em, want 'em! I'm hiding it from my parents, after the first 4 DVDs. They were OK with that, but now they suspect its out of control. It IS. But I can't use my credit card, because they would KNOW. So I haunt ebay, to get bargains on DVDs I can use my babysittting and tutoring money to buy things with money orders. I love this stuff, but it scares me how fast I turned into a materialist!

jediX

Reaction score
You think that's getting bad, you should check out the room of my house that's become consumed by Star Wars figures......

Whatever

Reaction score
I just feel guilty about spending money, esp. behind my parents' backs. On the other hand I should get a new DVD tonight! (Packages are only available for pick-up after 9 PM in my dorm) Crime pays! :wink:

jeremyactor

Reaction score
Whatever said:
I just feel guilty about spending money, esp. behind my parents' backs. On the other hand I should get a new DVD tonight! (Packages are only available for pick-up after 9 PM in my dorm) Crime pays! :wink:
Just try to control your spending. I had the same problem (heck, have the same problem) and things got out of control last year when I blew most of my money, and needed it later. Yeah it's nice to have TMS DVDs and a copy of Of Muppets and Men, but just think of the rainy days ahead.

Jeremy

DPuppets

Reaction score
Don't feel bad. I think alot of us have that problem. I had not collected muppet stuff in about 2 years. But just started back up when my wife said that I need to put some of my collection on my sheeves at my office. In the last 2 months I have spent over $1000.00 picking up new stuff and things that I have missed. I know that it will be a great thing that my kids will enjoy when I am pushing up flowers in years to come.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
I know what you mean, I never used to be the collector I am now. I have always been a huge fan of the muppets and Jim Henson but I think it might have been a combination of influences from muppet central and this forum aswell as the palisades figures coming out that make me want to get more and more. I also feel bad when I get things but I guess it is better than simply wasting money on cigarettes, alcohol or even drugs or mobile phones. I'm not into any of that which saves money but I am getting a phone soon. :smile: