Dark Crystal Question

Rynn

Reaction score
I have looked all over the web for this, but can't find the answer. Does anyone know where Jen and Kira, the puppets, are now? In a museum? At the headquarters? I'm just curious. This was the first movie I have ever seen, I was 6 or 7 when it was released, and have always wondered what they did with the puppets afterwards. I do have a email address to ask, but seeing as how it's not really for fans to use, and the one for fans never actually appears on henson.com, I might have to break down and use it.

Laszlo

Reaction score
Don't know where they are NOW, but they were on exhibitions about 10 years ago. It was Jen, Kira with Fizzgig, a part of Jen's cloth, a hand of a Mystic, plus Sir Dydimus with Ambrosius (from LABYRINTH).
Was great to see them! :smile:

Rynn

Reaction score
Thanks, I never knew that. likely it might have happened down in Atlanta or up in Charlotte or even further away. I'd like to have seen them.

I did use the email address and got a nice reply! Here's what the company wrote:

Dear Michelle,

As is the case with many of the Dark Crystal props & characters, Jen & Kira are preserved and stored in the New York storage facility of the Jim Henson Company archives.

Thanks for writing and for your interest.

Regards . . . The Jim Henson Company

So now we know! ^_^

Laszlo

Reaction score
Great to know Rynn (from DRAKAN?) !

Do we plan a robbery now? LOL! :smile:

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
Hey, count me in on the action. If anything I claim Fizzgig. I have door crowbars to rip open the doors. Hey Lazlo, can you distract the guards by making a sculpture?

Convincing John

Reaction score
I saw Aughra and a Garthim on display once. Didn't see Jen and Kira, though.

Convincing John

edible eye

Reaction score
I got to see one of the mystics in Atlanta. The foam rubber was starting to rot off his hand. The also had "fish-face" the goblin from Labyrinth. I've looked for him in the movie but never did spot him.

Laszlo

Reaction score
Infinity Sirius said:
Hey, count me in on the action. If anything I claim Fizzgig. I have door crowbars to rip open the doors. Hey Lazlo, can you distract the guards by making a sculpture?
:smile: ROFL !

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
*smiles* You can mesmerize them with your talent and once I'm doing taking everything, we'll give them a statue to commerate the robbery. They'll never know what hit them either, we'll use the statue to knock 'em out too.