Dave Goelz appears in Muppet Wizard of Oz

HappinessHotel

Reaction score
Did you see the website that includes screen shots from the Muppet Wizard of Oz promo? Here's the link if you haven't already seen it:

http://toughpigs.com/ozteaser.htm

If you scroll down to the middle of the page, you'll see 2 pictures of Queen Latifah as Auntie Em. In the picture on the left, Dave Goelz's head is clearly visible. Cool, huh? :smile:

I like when the puppeteers appear in movies. It makes me think of the scene from 'The Great Muppet Caper' when Jim Henson appears at the Dubonni Club... priceless.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
I don't think Dave Goelz is IN the movie. I saw that pic as well and to me it looked like a on the set shot where Dave just happened to be in way of the camera. Though I agree with you that I do enjoy when the performers make cameos in the films. :smile:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
The picture of Piggy without the patch revealing her white glass eye above the quote "Announcer "... as it was never meant to be told."... Yikes that is Spoooooooooky!!! :eek:

King Jim

Reaction score
Sweet! Cool! Awsome! :excited: :excited: :excited:

This should be a sticky!

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
MelissaY1 said:
I don't think Dave Goelz is IN the movie. I saw that pic as well and to me it looked like a on the set shot where Dave just happened to be in way of the camera. Though I agree with you that I do enjoy when the performers make cameos in the films. :smile:
I hope he is, Dave is fab!! Sorry; Mr. Goelz is fab!!

WOCKA2416

Reaction score
MelissaY1 said:
It looks like it's a scene from the movie, and I don't think they would show just the shot of the set during the promo. I hope Dave is in the movie...he's the best! :cool:

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Wocka,
Then how come everyone's heads are in the shot and to me in the back with the baseball cap and sunglasses it looks like Bill Barretta or if not, another crew person. Why would all those people be in the movie? And to the right of Dave, it looks like the top of Steve Whitmire's head...before his haircut. I mean, I could definitely be wrong here, but to me this looks like an on the set shot. Melissa

WOCKA2416

Reaction score
MelissaY1 said:
Wocka,
Then how come everyone's heads are in the shot and to me in the back with the baseball cap and sunglasses it looks like Bill Barretta or if not, another crew person. Why would all those people be in the movie? And to the right of Dave, it looks like the top of Steve Whitmire's head...before his haircut. I mean, I could definitely be wrong here, but to me this looks like an on the set shot. Melissa
It looks like they're in a restaurant or something like that, so they are probably customers. David Alan Grier's looks like he is acting, and not just on set. By the way, I almost positive that Bill Barretta is not in the shot...he looks different than that guy wth the hat on. :wink:

HappinessHotel

Reaction score
WOCKA2416 said:
It looks like it's a scene from the movie, and I don't think they would show just the shot of the set during the promo.
Wocka, I think you're right. Would they really use a 'set shot' during the promo for the movie? Me thinks not! :rolleyes: