1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Dave Goelz in VMX

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by Traveling Matt, Feb 2, 2003.

1. Traveling Matt

Traveling Matt New Member

Hey Guys!

I didn't get to see VMX, and haven't had the chance yet, but I'm wondering: How much did Dave do in the movie? I saw he only did Gonzo, Bunsen, and Waldorf (with no backround speaking characters). That's fewer than he usually does, and I'm wondering how much of a Muppet production he takes part in these days.

I know Jerry started to perform less during his early 60's (during Muppets Tonight), and Dave is in his mid-late 50's. I wonder if he's slowing down some :(

Thanks

- Billy :cool:
  2. scarecroe

scarecroe Active Member

Hey Billy,

Beauregard was in VMX too in some background shots, but he didn't speak. How much Dave performed him for filler, I don't know, but he was there at least.

In fact, Gonzo was responsible for two of my favorite moments in VMX, as expressed here... [Gonzo moments]

I'd say Dave is just about active enough these days.
  3. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

YES!!!!!!!!
  4. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

So, is VMX the new shorter version of saying IAVMMCM?

I'm sure everything about how often the performers are there is up in the air nowadays. After all, they don't do a WHOLE LOT of things right now, but hopefully he'll be on board (as will Jerry) when a new Muppet program starts.
  5. Luke

Luke Active Member

I think most of the casual performers are on retainers, must be otherwise they could just go do fill in work anywhere else and that isn't happening. So they just get paid a smaller monthly wage to stay at home and not do anything else, then they come onboard when theres work and get paid a higher amount.
  6. The Flying Sheep

The Flying Sheep New Member

Dave In VMX also performed Many of jerry's Charactors, later to be dubbed, since Jerry was absent/. He was under Pops and one of the Elvises
  7. Fozzie Bear

I wonder what kind of royalties they get, if any at all, for their voices going on albums or videos?
  8. EmmyMik

EmmyMik New Member

Get paid to stay at home?

Where do I sign up?

:D
  9. Fozzie Bear

When you find out how to get paid to stay at home (unless it's one of those stuff the envelope deals) let me know!!
  10. Sir Didymus

Sir Didymus New Member

Dave did a very nice job with Gonzo in Vmx. I really enjoyed the song he and Kermit sang. I also was happy to see Scooter and Janice accually talk! It was also nice that Beaureguard Had a small appearence in it. I just wish we could see more of Zoot and Floyd, and Dr. Teeth.

Jake
  11. Fozzie Bear

I thought the one scene with Rowlf, Janice, Scooter, and Beau and Crazy Harry was cool...I think they were all in it.

Really, I believe a LOT of that film was made FOR the FANS! What with talk of action figures and fan sites!! :)

FOZ
  12. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

I was wondering since Jerry's characters were dubbed the performers must have done the voices for the filming and then Jerry added the real voice later. This was done in MFS for Frank Oz's characters. This means that some where there is a version of AVMMC with all the dubbed over voices in it! I would love to hear what Dave and other performers imitations of Jerry's characters sounded like. If you watch the outtakes from MFS you can hear a little bit of Fozzie and Piggy. Piggy was bad, but Fozzie had a different quality to him. Who ever played him in the movie didn't go with a gruff voice, they went with a none gruff Fozzie voice. I found that very interesting and would love to hear how Dave and others did Jerry's voices. I think what happened with Lew is that Bill did such a good voice they decided not to dub it over which meant less work.
  13. Fozzie Bear

That's a smart idea about Lew, I never thunk o' it!! :)
  14. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Yeah, Beau's last starring role was the great Muppets@WDW.

I think Dave had some of the best parts of VMC...like Gonzo's song or duet with Kermit. Wow.

It was also good to see Fozzie back as the main star in a Muppet production. good stuff!