Dave Goelz

C'irdan

Reaction score
Does 'ee do any of the characters? last I checked all he's done is the giant chicken in Elmo in Grouchland.

ssetta

Reaction score
He did "The Elephant Elevator Operator."

ssetta

Reaction score
I go 4 3 2 1
I go 1 2 3 4
Then I push this little button and I open the door
And I close it right away because there's no room for more
I'm The Elephant Elevator Operator
(He's The Elephant Elevator Operator)

Oh I could have been a salesman at a party good store
And I could have been a lifeguard on the New Jersey shore
But the job that I have chosen is the one I adore
I'm The Elephant Elevator Operator
(He's The Elephant Elevator Operator)

Remember that song?

Splurge

Reaction score
Dave Goelz is not a regular Muppeteer for Sesame Street. Still, the story goes he did come to Sesame to shoot skits some time after Richard Hunt died.

I'm guessing he was a bit of a morale booster for them at that time, after just having lost Henson, Hunt and Raposo. It couldn't have hurt, anyway.

ssetta

Reaction score
I think what might have happened is after Richard Hunt died, Dave Goelz was temporary, and then he was replaced with David Rudman, who took over quite a few of Richard's old characters such as Sully and Sonny Friendly.

C'irdan

Reaction score
Sesame

Wow, boy do I feel like a non muppet fan right now! I have no idea who those characters are! HA! :smile: I only know the major ones and a few of Jim Henson's old characters...well...I guess I could say that I'm more of a Muppet Show Muppet fan.

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
David Rudman also took over Richard's half of the Two-Headed Monster as well (and does a pretty good job with him). Is it also a coincidence that Baby Bear (probably Mr. Rudman's most-performed character) sounds an AWFUL lot like Junior Gorg?

roadrat15

Reaction score
Re: Sesame

Originally posted by C'irdan
Wow, boy do I feel like a non muppet fan right now! I have no idea who those characters are! HA! :smile: I only know the major ones and a few of Jim Henson's old characters...well...I guess I could say that I'm more of a Muppet Show Muppet fan.

Sully is a silent construction worker, and Sonny Friendly is is a D-Grade gameshow host (not a patch on the master, Guy Smiley!)