David as Sluggo the Catcher

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
There's another long-lost bit from around 1973 starring David. Here he plays a baseball catcher named Sluggo (Jerry Nelson narrates) who's about to start playing, but has to put on all his protective gear. Trouble is, he can't remember which body part they go on, so Jerry helps him out.

On go his shinguards, chest protector, facemask (David even puts it on his butt, prompting Jerry to scream "NOT BACK THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!") and finally his mitt. (Good thing David didn't have to put on a cup!):smile:

We're ready to play ball, David crouches into a catcher's stance, ready for the pitch.(Drum roll, please). But after a long pause nobody throws the ball. So David yells "COME ON, LET ME HAVE IT!!!!"

Then the poor guy gets pelted with baseballs, footballs, basketballs, soccer balls, volleyballs, tennis balls (maybe even a hockey puck or two), and some roll all the way to the edge of the stage. Gives a whole new meaning to balls to the wall.

Katzi428

Reaction score
There's another long-lost bit from around 1973 starring David. Here he plays a baseball catcher named Sluggo (Jerry Nelson narrates) who's about to start playing, but has to put on all his protective gear. Trouble is, he can't remember which body part they go on, so Jerry helps him out.

On go his shinguards, chest protector, facemask (David even puts it on his butt, prompting Jerry to scream "NOT BACK THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!") and finally his mitt. (Good thing David didn't have to put on a cup!):smile:

We're ready to play ball, David crouches into a catcher's stance, ready for the pitch.(Drum roll, please). But after a long pause nobody throws the ball. So David yells "COME ON, LET ME HAVE IT!!!!"

Then the poor guy gets pelted with baseballs, footballs, basketballs, soccer balls, volleyballs, tennis balls (maybe even a hockey puck or two), and some roll all the way to the edge of the stage. Gives a whole new meaning to balls to the wall.
Yeah...this was one of my favorites!!(Thanks a lot B ...it's after midnight I'm the ONLY 1 awake &I'm trying SO hard not to LOL about your remark about the cup! :rolleyes: but :big_grin: )

cjd874

Reaction score
Yeah...this was one of my favorites!!(Thanks a lot B ...it's after midnight I'm the ONLY 1 awake &I'm trying SO hard not to LOL about your remark about the cup! :rolleyes: but :big_grin: )
Not to mention the "balls to the wall" joke. I actually LOLed at that.