David Moments from your childhood

Don_Music_2004

Reaction score
Does anyone remember anything special with David in it? I can remember quite a few highlights on the show with him. I remember an episode from Season 18 when David was going to eat a Bowl of Oatmeal and Oscar said he'd really like to try some cause he had never tried Oatmeal before, David offered him a taste of it, and he said it was too hot so he said they'd count to 20 and then try it, then he still said it was too hot and wanted to count to 20 again. Then Oscar finally says nevermind he changed his mind and didn't want to try it. When David goes to eat it the Oatmeal is cold and he yells at Oscar saying "Oscar! this Oatmeal is Ice Cold! I can't eat this! This is horrible! It's Yucky! It's discusting. This made Oscar happy and he looked at the camera and laughed hehehehe. Another thing I remember is from Season 17 when an Emergency has come up and David must leave the store and needs to find someone to watch the store while he is away, but the only person around is Oscar. Oscar takes care of the store for David. He serves Bob an Ice Cold cup of Coffee, Telly a Bannana Split with some awful things in it, Unsatisfied an anything Muppet and gave Elmo something horrible to eat. When David came back he was disgusted and Very upset because there was Dirty dishes all over the counter. Oscar seemed happy though. HAHA! Does anyone else have any memorable David Moments?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
David gets duped

This was back in the mid-70's. David was trying to impress Maria by learning Spanish. He wanted to invite her to Hooper's for a soda "Te invito a tomar una soda" and had it written down on paper and tried to memorize it. When he meets Maria, he loses the paper and forgets his line. Big Bird finds the paper, reads it to Maria, and HE gets the date! Poor David is left standing there with his mouth open and a look on his face that says "DUH!!" Maybe he should've gone for Olivia instead.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
i posted a tread called david & Maria wich is probably a few pages back witch has some interesting posts. so check it out. actually i didn't start it i just added some stuff. don't know what i was thinking of.

Censored

Reaction score
fuzzygobo said:
This was back in the mid-70's. David was trying to impress Maria by learning Spanish. He wanted to invite her to Hooper's for a soda "Te invito a tomar una soda" and had it written down on paper and tried to memorize it. When he meets Maria, he loses the paper and forgets his line. Big Bird finds the paper, reads it to Maria, and HE gets the date! Poor David is left standing there with his mouth open and a look on his face that says "DUH!!" Maybe he should've gone for Olivia instead.
It could have been worse. Luis could have found it.

Victoria

Reaction score
I remember the one with him feeding chickens at a farm singing, "Feed the chickens, feed the chickens. That's what you do on a farm!"

:smile:

Censored

Reaction score
Victoria said:
I remember the one with him feeding chickens at a farm singing, "Feed the chickens, feed the chickens. That's what you do on a farm!"

I loved that one:

"What do you do on a farm? Here's what you do on a farm,

Feed the chickens, feed the chickens,

And that's what you do on a farm.

What do you do on a farm? Here's what you do on a farm,

Milk the cows, milk the cows,

Pick the apples, pick the apples

haul potatoes, haul potatoes

And that's what you do on a farm."

Censored

Reaction score
Victoria said:

But, actually, on the skit I saw, David wasn't really on a farm. He was in the street, singing about life on his grandmother's farm to a group of children.

Censored

Reaction score
Then there was the one where David unwittingly hurt Sam The Robot's feelings by saying, "I hate all things that are mechanical" when the appliances in Hooper's store malfunctioned. Sam comes back dressed like a tree so he wouldn't be mechanical anymore and David would like him.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Don_Music_2004 said:
Does anyone remember anything special with David in it? I can remember quite a few highlights on the show with him. I remember an episode from Season 18 when David was going to eat a Bowl of Oatmeal and Oscar said he'd really like to try some cause he had never tried Oatmeal before, David offered him a taste of it, and he said it was too hot so he said they'd count to 20 and then try it, then he still said it was too hot and wanted to count to 20 again. Then Oscar finally says nevermind he changed his mind and didn't want to try it. When David goes to eat it the Oatmeal is cold and he yells at Oscar saying "Oscar! this Oatmeal is Ice Cold! I can't eat this! This is horrible! It's Yucky! It's discusting. This made Oscar happy and he looked at the camera and laughed hehehehe. Another thing I remember is from Season 17 when an Emergency has come up and David must leave the store and needs to find someone to watch the store while he is away, but the only person around is Oscar. Oscar takes care of the store for David. He serves Bob an Ice Cold cup of Coffee, Telly a Bannana Split with some awful things in it, Unsatisfied an anything Muppet and gave Elmo something horrible to eat. When David came back he was disgusted and Very upset because there was Dirty dishes all over the counter. Oscar seemed happy though. HAHA! Does anyone else have any memorable David Moments?
i take that last 1 you mentioned was after Hooper died. what would he have thought?

Pug Lover

Reaction score
I remember a comical segment where Maria hired David and another man as resturant waiters.Behind them were two resturant doors,one an in door,the other an out door.While explaining these two doors in detail to the two men,Maria sang a song which I can only remember the last part of.It went something like"If you remember the song,you can never go wrong".But David kept goofing up by walking through the wrong doors and bumping into the other guy,knocking his tray with everything on it onto the floor.Finally Maria yells"WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS?".The last thing I can remember is David handing the tie of his uniform to Maria and saying"I quit hahaha",and then he bumps into the wrong door and dramatically groans in pain.