Dealing with depression and anxiety

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Just break the ice and ask "How are you doing?" If you try too hard, or try to come off talking smooth, people will see right through that. The best you can be is yourself... with a little confidence. Whoever you talk to, get to know a little about their interests. LISTEN to them.
It might take a few tries, but it'll click.

And by the way, be yourself.
And if all else fails, be yourself.
Thanks. Guess I'm still figuring out just who I am. I try to get others to carry the conversation since I don't find what I say to be particularly interesting. But if I don't open up, then I suppose I'm still not very interesting.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I did, I applied online for Target, Books-a-million, Starbucks and at least one local business and either I never hear from them or I get rejected over email. Online applications are a huge pain!
I'm sorry this isn't working out for you so far. Sometimes you just have to keep pushing no matter what the outcome. It took me countless applications before getting my current job.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Had another mini anxiety attack.

And completely unrelated to the attack, but my role model apparently isn't very fond of me. Can't please everyone I guess.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Had another mini anxiety attack.

And completely unrelated to the attack, but my role model apparently isn't very fond of me. Can't please everyone I guess.
Stinks about not being able to please your role model. Sometimes it's tough to realize that a person you idolize doesn't reciprocate those feelings in any way.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I still don't have a job.

There are no good jobs out there right now and I can't even get a job because I am so busy with school.

The only good job out there is working at a supermarket and I can't become a cashier because I can't even count money and I have a hard time doing it.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I guess sometimes we have to face one of life's harshest truths: some people weren't meant to be in your life forever. Once they've served their purpose, then sometimes the powers that be decide that it's best for you to go your separate ways. It's been tough for me to handle that lately, but I doubt I'm the only one.

Kind of reminds me of that song from "Snoopy, Come Home."

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
No, you're far from the only one. People will come and go from your life at all stages. High school, college, work, it never ends. People leave for different reasons. But if you become close enough friends with some of them, a part of them stays with you, regardless of where they end up.
Hold on to that. There's a good deal of comfort in that.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Three nights now with no sleep. My body is completely worn out, I'm really scared. It's like every time I start to drift off, it feels like I can't breath and I jolt awake. Im laying there in total silence and darkness, constantly aware of my breathing and can't fall asleep at all. I try listening to music and that throws me off even more. I'm sure half of it is stress, but I just can't find any way to calm down in the moment. In crying right now, I can't deal with this...

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Three nights now with no sleep. My body is completely worn out, I'm really scared. It's like every time I start to drift off, it feels like I can't breath and I jolt awake. Im laying there in total silence and darkness, constantly aware of my breathing and can't fall asleep at all. I try listening to music and that throws me off even more. I'm sure half of it is stress, but I just can't find any way to calm down in the moment. In crying right now, I can't deal with this...
I'm sorry you're having such a hard time falling asleep, that's one of the worst feelings in the world. Tossing and turning is terrible, and it sounds like the silence is bothering you. Perhaps trying to fall asleep with the TV on might work if you need something in the background? I hope you have better luck tonight.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Sorry you're going through this, heralde. I'm not very good at giving advice, but I will keep you in my thoughts.