Dealing with depression and anxiety

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Glad things are going well, Ellie! England sure sounds like a fun place to visit. And I know how much changing your name means to you, so yay!

Things are looking up for me, too. I've finally learned to just love myself, warts and all. I know I can't be perfect, and I'm okay with that. I'm just going to keep growing as much as I can.

For the first time in my life, I really feel like I know myself. :smile:

Last edited:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
@DramaQueenMokey and @mo rackle I'm proud of both of you. At every stage in life, there will be some measure of stress. It doesn't end with graduation. But it's how you deal with it that will determine things for you.
Cooking is therapeutic for me too. I'm sure whatever you create, your abuelos will love it.

Mo- accepting yourself is a big deal. Just realizing that, you've grown a lot.
God (not Glob, not Blob, Frog, Blog, Dog, or any other malapropism) loves you just as you are. Loving yourself as God loves you, that's a big step.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Continuing to do somewhat better in terms of managing the depression and anxiety. I did have a small outburst on social media the other day - I guess that's what happens when you bottle up your emotions too often. You're bound to explode at some point. But I've been feeling much better since then.

I'm just going through the usual anxiety most seniors at my school are - applying for an internship. You see, in our major, we're required to have an internship. Otherwise, we can't graduate.

Having already applied to some companies, I've realized that my resume and cover letter were overly formal, among other things. Perhaps that's why I haven't heard back.

Time's ticking away, and if I don't have something by early April, then that's it. No Summer internship. I'll just have to keep applying and hope to God I get one this Fall.

Then of course, there's the usual "what lies ahead in the future" stress. I'd like to dream big and go work in big places with my classmates, but I can't really afford to live out of state right now.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Continuing to do somewhat better in terms of managing the depression and anxiety. I did have a small outburst on social media the other day - I guess that's what happens when you bottle up your emotions too often. You're bound to explode at some point. But I've been feeling much better since then.

I'm just going through the usual anxiety most seniors at my school are - applying for an internship. You see, in our major, we're required to have an internship. Otherwise, we can't graduate.

Having already applied to some companies, I've realized that my resume and cover letter were overly formal, among other things. Perhaps that's why I haven't heard back.

Time's ticking away, and if I don't have something by early April, then that's it. No Summer internship. I'll just have to keep applying and hope to God I get one this Fall.

Then of course, there's the usual "what lies ahead in the future" stress. I'd like to dream big and go work in big places with my classmates, but I can't really afford to live out of state right now.
Good luck on finding an internship, I can understand how stressful a search that is. The competition for one spot can be great because you're going up against so many similarly-qualified candidates. If you don't mind me asking, what is your major?

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Good luck on finding an internship, I can understand how stressful a search that is. The competition for one spot can be great because you're going up against so many similarly-qualified candidates. If you don't mind me asking, what is your major?
Thanks! I'm a Media Arts major. It's in line with film and video. I'm trying to land in a place that will allow me to work in post-production, as that's more my interest and comfort zone.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
With the way things can be competitive, it might be necessary to step out of your comfort zone. That can be a scary place, but sometimes under pressure that's when we grow the most.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Haven't heard back from anybody yet. As the stress of having a successful life post-graduation continues to build up, I'm trying my best to keep a cool head. Thoughts/prayers/whatevers, folks. They'll mean a lot.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Haven't heard back from anybody yet. As the stress of having a successful life post-graduation continues to build up, I'm trying my best to keep a cool head. Thoughts/prayers/whatevers, folks. They'll mean a lot.
Good luck! I can understand how hard it must be to keep calm about this, and hopefully something will work out soon.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I haven't feeling like myself since of recently due to a recent death.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I went through what may very well be my lowest point of depression at the beginning of the month. Boy, was it a pain. I'm doing much, much better now, though.

I've learned to stop relying on others for my own happiness. That's silly. Happiness should come from within.

I finally got up the courage to give a long-overdue apology to an acquaintance yesterday. It was very uncomfortable, and she didn't seem particularly thrilled to see me. But she did say that she "appreciated" the apology. Today, I greeted her, as a polite gesture, and got the cold shoulder. Oh well. Life goes on, and I simply refuse to let that get to me.

I haven't feeling like myself since of recently due to a recent death.
Sorry to hear that. I realize this post went unnoticed. I hope things are going better for you now.