DEAR GLOB! What hath we Wrought?!

Drtooth

Reaction score
The thing that actually gets to me is this.

Reverse Boy who Cried Wolf. No matter how many times we listen and don't believe it, law of averages means one of them will wind up being right.

Then again, all we need is one to be right.

Still, I lived through two Non pocalypses in the past 5 years, so...

charlietheowl

Reaction score
The thing that actually gets to me is this.

Reverse Boy who Cried Wolf. No matter how many times we listen and don't believe it, law of averages means one of them will wind up being right.

Then again, all we need is one to be right.

Still, I lived through two Non pocalypses in the past 5 years, so...
I can't believe people who make these predictions and get them wrong are gutsy enough to make another. It's like "oh I forgot to carry the one, so scratch that about the world ending in April, I meant July". You make one wrong end of the world prediction your right to speak in public should be taken away.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, I could go onto a huge thing about how most of these are by Televangelist types for various ulterior motives, but I won't. Logically, all of them sound like complete crap and whatever would happen would either be the result of some man made disaster (something everyone was warned about but did nothing because politics and money screwed it up) or something like a huge space rock or the sun going supernova or like that. Not because of some fairy story or prophecy.

Yet... that law of averages. Only thing keeping me on my toes is the fact that someone, somehow, someday will stumble butt backwards on something, even by pure and total coincidence. Like the infinite monkeys on infinite typewriters bit, you have infinite crackpots with infinite Armageddon theories one of them will bound to be right.

snichols1973

Reaction score
Whelp,someone really likes KFC. Do you know when this was published?
It's new, supposedly. I guess it's supposed to cash in off those actually kinda funny but not too funny Impostor Colonel commercials.
To me, this smacks of too much wink and nod. It's supposed to be bad, but not too bad that it ticks off the sponsor, but at the same time trying to recapture what made promotional comics in the old days awful in their sincerity. And from what I read in the preview..ehhh... they don't capture it well. I can buy that Sanders here is the immortal mascot and the whole backstory of a guy just trying to sell pressure cookers but being successful in selling a recipe intended to market the cookers instead is thrown out the window. And, yes, the whole concept of an evil, alternate Sanders that sells terrible chicken (again, throwing out any realistic context about the real person for the sake of mascot), kinda seems funny enough for a tongue in cheek sort of Super Hero cliche riff.

But they use the serious versions of the characters, not some retro Silver Age parody version. That's... that's something that doesn't work right.

In "Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens", if you look closely, you can see a couple of old-fashioned KFC chicken buckets in the barn which is being used as a hideout by some bears, weasels, snakes, etc.