1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Dearth/Alex's Customs and Dioramas v2

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by Dearth, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Muppetaz

Muppetaz Member

for the eyes you could use large yellow beads with sculpy in the center for pupils.

Your Jurrasic Pork customs look great, can't wait to see the finished product.
  2. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Active Member

wow those bossmen look great can't wait to see them when there done
  3. Dearth

Dearth Active Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Alex
    newsmanfan likes this.
  4. TSSD

TSSD Active Member

5. Muppetaz

Muppetaz Member

6. Dearth

Dearth Active Member

I had a lot of fun taking the pics at our local "Deibert Park" yesterday. I had several specific moments that I'd set out to do, but I'm proudest of one that I made up totally on the spur of the moment and had to composite in post.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGetVq1REjM

Alex
  7. LamangoNumber2

LamangoNumber2 Active Member

I just watched the video about it too. Well done...Dinosaurs need muppet eyes though.
  8. TSSD

TSSD Active Member

You think? I think the Dinos are fine as is.
  9. LamangoNumber2

It wouldn't be a muppet thing if the dinosaurs didn't have muppet eyes... or exploded.
  10. Dearth

Dearth Active Member

Oh, don't worry, that's a deliberate choice. I've got a scene planned for Henry Wu (Dr. Bunsen Honeydew) where he will explain why not all of the dinosaurs look like the Swinosaurus (Miss Piggy) and there will be a nice visual gag in it.

You guys just need to have a little faith... it's a joke I'm really looking forward to surprising you with.

Alex
  11. LamangoNumber2

Do the dinosaurs explode at any point? Or jump into the air like excited penguins?
  12. Dearth

Dearth Active Member

No more so than Long John Silver or Ebenezer Scrooge did in those Muppet retellings.

Alex
  13. Dearth

Dearth Active Member

Good news! I found the PERFECT thing to use for the Bossmen's eyes!

[​IMG]

They're not painted yet, so I haven't glued them in place, but I was so happy with their size, shape, low weight, and low price, that I had to snap a picture of the test fit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    And what, you are no doubt wondering, are these miraculous objects?

Well, they say that for a creative type, eventually you will use everything you ever learned. I myself have not been fishing since the death of my grandfather when I was 12 years old, almost thirty years ago now... but when I was trying to think of the perfect item for these eyes, a memory of a specific item came *ahem* floating to the surface!

[​IMG]

Styrofoam bobbers! I bought two packs of three for $1.12 each at Wal-Mart.

I also went to Hobby Lobby on a tip about some toy dinosaur skulls that I may can use for Jurasick Pork, and noticed that the chenille stems are no longer on sale for 50% off... but they ARE on sale for 40% off!

Alas, they are currently out of lime green, but they have the hot pink in stock.

Alex
    ploobis likes this.
  14. Dearth

Dearth Active Member

Another video of how the photos get manipulated after they're taken...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPjLq6daMp8

I thought this shot was complete in-camera, but once I got to looking at all of the distant little details that needed fixing, it kept snowballing until I had completely changed the dinosaur(s) and even the shore of the pond!

Alex
  15. Muppetaz

Muppetaz Member

16. Muppetaz

Muppetaz Member

Hey Dearth, have you thought of doing Christmas Carol customs with cabbin boys Gonzo and Rizzo? you could also make the Marley brothers, Bob Cratchit, Tiny Tim, and Mrs. Cratchit.
  17. Dearth

Dearth Active Member

I have contemplated a Gonzo-as-Dickens custom before. That's another of those reasons that I had a Kermit tophat molded so I could have copies cast. Hadn't thought of doing Rizzo, but that's a good idea since I have the extra Cabin Boy sets.

~~~

Dug out some of my old Jurassic Park toys today!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Still trying to locate my compound playset.

Alex
  18. Dearth

Dearth Active Member

Just a little heads-up... the forum at Rebelscum.com where all of my photos are uploaded is going to be undergoing a server change later today, hopefully coming back online at its new location on Friday. Not sure if that will turn all of my old photos into little red X's or what, so bear with me.

~~~

Custom Link/Muldoon is nearly done. He got a base coat of 'taupe' spray-paint yesterday, the closest I could find to khaki. Just need to hand-detail his belt, boots, socks, vest, etc. Hope to have him done by the weekend, but we've had an unexpected death in the family (my niece and nephew's Dad; my sister's first husband) so silly Muppet projects are taking a back seat for now.

~~~

Neat Muppet anecdote: I won an auction on eBay for a diecast Miss Piggy as Scarlett O'Hara, and the seller recognized my name on the shipping info... he's the same guy that I did the custom Dubonnet Club dress and Saltine commissions for!

He was about to send me a Palisades Piggy for another commission anyway, so the diecast Piggy will just hitch a ride in that package, haha.

Alex
  19. Muppetaz

Muppetaz Member

I'm sorry for your loss.
  20. LamangoNumber2

So, how much do these new custom lil Xs go for? :p