Death and Fraggles (A Challenge)

KirbTreelo05

Reaction score

Ever since I started watching Fraggle Rock on the Hub, I noticed the characters mention death a lot. Maybe it just seems that way based off the episodes I've seen, but does anyone here know or wants to find out exactly how many times this is done in the entire show? :excited:

Scooterfan5

Reaction score
I remember them really talking about death in the episode- Gone, But Not Forgotten. The episode with Wembley's friend Mudwell the Mudbunny

Slackbot

Reaction score
IIRC, Boober and Red talk about it in Marooned. Red wonders what it's like to die, and Boober recalls the image of a soap bubble floating up and then disappearing.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
It mentions it quite a bit, IIRC. And even if they don't explicitly say it, it's implied as a possibilitity in just about every ep, LOL. I haven't counted, but here's what I remember:

chasms
Terrible Tunnels
Invisible Gargoyles
weird creepy hand coming out of the wall
singing cacti
blind golem
poisoned water
various Gorg traps
cave-ins
fear (allegedly, of course not really as it was a misunderstanding)
famine
cold
heat
dust storms
hairy monsters (before being befriended, also see Gorg traps)
war
illness

Fraggle Rock is treated like a kid's show, but the strange thing is ... these poor characters are at death's door about every single waking day of their lives. It's a wonder they don't all stay drunk or something to dull the anxiety, LOL.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Another: In River of Life, Pa Gorg tells Boober point-blank that without clean water they will all die, and when Boober pleads for their lives he says that they don't want to die.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I think it's my first ziffling experience, LOL. :smile:

Slackbot

Reaction score
Fraggle Rock is treated like a kid's show, but the strange thing is ... these poor characters are at death's door about every single waking day of their lives. It's a wonder they don't all stay drunk or something to dull the anxiety, LOL.
I think that's why they dance and sing and play all the time. Life can be grim, life can be a light that's dim, dim, dim. They fight back against that by having all the fun they can grab.

Just don't ask them about the shining wires.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
LOL, yeah ... and Doozers get through the day by burying themselves in work. :smile:

Scooterfan5

Reaction score
I think that's why they dance and sing and play all the time. Life can be grim, life can be a light that's dim, dim, dim. They fight back against that by having all the fun they can grab.

Just don't ask them about the shining wires.
Exactly