DESPARATELY Seeking Dog City

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Hi all!

I am desparately seeking a tape, DVD, laserdisc, 8mm home movie, cave painting (anything) of the original live-action "Dog City" from the Jim Henson Hour as well as the 1/2 hour follow up that is rumoured to have been shot, but not aired as part of the series' original run on NBC (it may have run up here Canada on CBC, I can't recall).

Has anything from the JHH ever come out on video/DVD or are there only fan tapes floating around out there?

I'm very interested in taking a look as part of some research I am doing for a project. Any help would be greatly, greatly appreciated! Thanks!

matleo

Reaction score
I have a copy I can dub for you but the picture is pretty grainy. it's still one of my favorite Henson projects of all time. Jim really topped himself.

--Matt

MahnaMahna

Reaction score
Greetings.

I have the 1 hour Dog City live action on tape. I also have the complete run of the cartoon (which have live action segments in it as well). Drop me an email if you would like to trade or whatever.

To the best of my knowledge, JHH has never made it to video (with the exception of the Storyteller segments.)

I'm just south of Barrie. What part of TO are you in?

Later,

Mark

HAPPY CANADA DAY!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I would also like to have a copy. I stated that in my "Looking for List.." post!