Desperate help! I have a fever and...

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
This is me begging the mothers and general people alike who know how to take care of this kind of thing for DESPERATE help!! I'm babysitting and the mother of the baby left for Florida this morning, and a few hours later I came down with a fever of 100.5. I do NOT get fevers, literally NEVER; I could be as sick as a horse and my temperature always stays at a steady 98.5. So I have no idea what to do. I don't want to touch the baby and I took a fever subression pill (Advil Cold & Fever) but now what?! I'm supposed to stay over until 3pm tomorrow morning--and there's another son (7) I just dropped off at religious school who will be home!

So far I've been avoiding touching the baby but I feel bad. All afternoon after his nap I had him in the highchair watching 'Johnny and the Sprites' while I moaned on the couch.

I am never, EVER sick and it really works me up when I am. I can't get in touch with my own mother because *she's* sick (and in Boston no less) and sleeping; my little sister won't pick up the house phone and my 17 year old sister is on her way to work. So I am begging people of knowledge on this board--and I know there are many!--for HELP!!!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Woha! I wish I knew what to tell you. That is a really tough situation. Um... have you tried calling a doctor?

muppet baby

Reaction score
oh that is so sad how did it all turn out . do you know what happened sara sorry i did not see this until now .:smile:

christyb

Reaction score
Okay first, I know this is many days later but a heads up from the daughter of an RN that and other med people and more knowledgeables than I can help. First off, since you are sitting a newborn call either your or the babies doctor. They can help you when you can't find anyone else. Treatment for you...basically, drink lots of fluids and take and advil. Watch the baby closely. Odds are the baby might not catch it. If the baby does get the fever, like I said call the baby's doctor and monitor it's temperature. That and make sure you always have a backup sitter in case this happens. Someone you trust that can take care of the baby in case you get sick and the mother is gone.