Diamond Select Toys to Produce new Muppet figures and mini mates!

Random numbers

Reaction score
Zach just announced Sweetums and Robin (repack) as next pack. YES!
Awesome! They actually showed the prototypes of the figures during a live Q&A on YouTube last night. A screenshot is posted on the Muppet Merch section of the ToughPigs Discord. The more I look at the Sweetums figure, the more I like it. I'm curious how it will look once we can see additional images.

They also revealed that, surprisingly, the Robin figure is a new sculpt.

MWoO

Reaction score
Sweetums looks great so far. Zach says the prototype is 9 inches tall which is only about and inch to an inch and a half shorter than the Palisades figure. That makes this pretty spot on in terms of scale.

They also spoke about Deadly and Pepe sales not being strong. I think it's time for them to release some main character variants like Pigs in Space. MCC variants would probably do rather well too and help inject some money into the line.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Pigs In Space would be a nice addition, they could also do a Vet's Hospital 3-pack if variants are needed. *Still waiting for more releases from this line.

Random numbers

Reaction score
Pigs In Space would be a nice addition, they could also do a Vet's Hospital 3-pack if variants are needed. *Still waiting for more releases from this line.
Do variants generally sell better than new characters? Personally, I would love MCC figures and think there would be lots of interest in those. I don't know if Pigs in Space and Vets Hospital variants would be more or less popular than new characters. Someone on FB suggested DST make characters not included in the Palisades line, like Walter, Bobo, or Big Mean Carl, because they might be more attractive to folks who already have the Palisades figures. I'm not sure what strategies will lead to high sales, but I hope DST is able to continue to keep this viable for, at least, a few more releases.

MWoO

Reaction score
Do variants generally sell better than new characters? Personally, I would love MCC figures and think there would be lots of interest in those. I don't know if Pigs in Space and Vets Hospital variants would be more or less popular than new characters. Someone on FB suggested DST make characters not included in the Palisades line, like Walter, Bobo, or Big Mean Carl, because they might be more attractive to folks who already have the Palisades figures. I'm not sure what strategies will lead to high sales, but I hope DST is able to continue to keep this viable for, at least, a few more releases.
Main characters sell to the general consumer. During the Ask DST segment, they were asked if they would be releasing Animal again. Animal has been released several times over the years, but keeps selling out. Meanwhile, Deadly and Pepe pre-sales haven't been great, according to the same video.

That's just how it goes. A Kermit will sell better than a Muppet News Man figure.

Random numbers

Reaction score
Main characters sell to the general consumer. During the Ask DST segment, they were asked if they would be releasing Animal again. Animal has been released several times over the years, but keeps selling out. Meanwhile, Deadly and Pepe pre-sales haven't been great, according to the same video.

That's just how it goes. A Kermit will sell better than a Muppet News Man figure.
Thanks for the reply. My question is really if the same pattern is true for variants of 'main' characters? Does a Kermit as Captain Smollet sell better than a Newsman? I guess it probably depends on the variant and character. Personally, I'm guessing MCC variants of main characters, or even the three spirits, would likely sell better than than many of the the more obscure characters the line is getting to now. I'm not sure if that's true for other variants, like Treasure Island or tux. For a general consumer, is a Kermit figure a Kermit figure regardless if he's dressed in a tux or in 1800th century clothing?

I'm hoping that some of the low pre-sale numbers for Deadly and Pepe are due to those specific characters and the promo products. I've seen lots of complaints about scaling for both and the face sculpt for Pepe. But, I'm worried that the line has progressed into the more obscure characters that the general public will not be buying. I certainly hope that's not the case.