Dick Van Dyke should be in more movies

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Plain and simple, not a whole lot more to say.

Dick Van Dyke is one of my favorite actors (sad I don't have any of his movies on DVD yet :embarrassed: ). I just got back from seeing Night at the Museum, and he is wonderful in it! Really great. I'm not going to spoil anything for you if you haven't seen it yet, but... boy, I wasn't expecting that!

In watching the credits, though... gee, he can still kinda dance, can't he?

So, maybe we could open this up to a whole Dick Van Dyke discussion.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I just saw Mary Poppins the other day, one of the best movies of all time! Dick Van Dyke is very lovable in that, and very funny.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Justin, you took the words out of my mouth!! I was OBSESSED with Diagnosis Murder growing up and have created a slight obsession with Dick Van Dyke through that.

I do have his autograph :big_grin:

Oh I've been wanting to see that movie! I must go now!

BEAR

Reaction score
I was so excited to see that he was in this when I saw the trailer! I love Dick Van Dyke! When was the last time he was in a movie? By the way, does he have a larger role in the film than the trailer implies?

Super Scooter

Reaction score
A much larger role then the trailer implies. I think he's listed third in the credits, and the role is just great!

sarah_yzma said:
Justin, you took the words out of my mouth!! I was OBSESSED with Diagnosis Murder growing up and have created a slight obsession with Dick Van Dyke through that.
Ya know, I remember you saying that one other time. I forgot about that. Oh! It was when they did the Dick Van Dyke reunion show. I think we talked about this then.

Dick Van Dyke is one of my absolute favorites. I recently saw the last thirty minutes of Fitzwilly on TCM. It's sort of a Christmas movie, and it's really quite good. Unfortunately, there's no DVD release of it yet, so I have to wait till next Christmas season to see the whole thing. :smirk:

(is now determined to collect all Dick Van Dyke DVDs available)

(did anyone else notice just now that Dick Van Dyke's initials are DVD?)

Super Scooter

Reaction score
BEAR said:
When was the last time he was in a movie?
His last film role was Curious George. :wink: I haven't seen it yet. I suppose I should.

But, his last non-animated feature was probably The Gin Game with Mary Tyler Moore (2003). Though, I think that was a TV movie.

BEAR

Reaction score
Nice to see him in such a prominant role again and with such a stellar cast too! Cool that he's co-starring alongside such great talent of today such as Ben Stiller. Also, exciting that he is with another one of my favorite comedian actors Robin Williams. Do they ever interact onscreen? I think they'd be funny together.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I don't remember. If they do, I think it's very brief. Basically, Ben Stiller is the only character with regular interaction with the museum pieces.

Dick Van Dyke, Mickey Rooney, and Bill Cobbs basically interact with each other pretty much exclusively (they play a team in the film) other than their interaction with Ben Stiller.

Wow! I was just looking on IMDB at these 3 actors profiles. Mickey Rooney's the oldest (obviously), but he's only 5 years older than Dick Van Dyke! And Dick Van Dyke is older than Bill Cobbs by 10 years.

Well, that means Dick Van Dyke is 81 years old this month.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Wow. He looks so good for 81!

I think my friends and I are going to a movie on Tuesday...usually no one is very decisive...but I sure will be with this one!