Did anybody miss out because FR was on cable in the 80's?

beaker

Reaction score
>>>I have a little over half of the episodes on tape. Some of them are edited though. I really need the DVD's and hope that one day they become a reality. Warrick's Petition is doing great! I hope it helps!<<<

Meanwhile, if ya can find a cheap offbrand dvd player, chances are it might be region free. Getting ahold of a region free dvd player like I did is the best thing, as ya can play bootleg/burned vcd-rs(cdrs) and european PAL dvds(that means ya can import FR from France and Storyteller)

CaptCrouton

Reaction score
I too was Fraggle Short-Changed as a kid. I cannot imagine my parents actually paying for TV when you could have it for free. Now ironically they have satellite and every channel except for PPV stuff. I can't imagine my parents paying for satellite and then actually paying to view something else on cable...

Here's my weird story. I thought that Fraggle Rock was some sort of Muppet MTV because that's all I understood Cable TV was, movies without commercials and MTV. See, with the word "Rock" in the title, I somehow associated that all the crass repulsive stuff of MTV was being done with my muppets and I thought it was completely evil. You know, psycho Michael Jackson grabbing himself. That sort of thing.

My friend Tony, who actually had HBO, told me I was an idiot when I told him why I didn't care to see Fraggle ROCK. Then I suddenly felt ripped off when I learned what Fraggle Rock really was.

All the Fraggles I really know is from the cartoon and perhaps one video that I saw along life's highway. *heavy sigh* I want the Fraggle DVDs too...

beaker

Reaction score
>>>My friend Tony, who actually had HBO, told me I was an idiot when I told him why I didn't care to see Fraggle ROCK. Then I suddenly felt ripped off when I learned what Fraggle Rock really was<<<

Thats understandable...to think it might have been called fraggle hill! hehe

All the Fraggles I really know is from the cartoon and perhaps one video that I saw along life's highway. *heavy sigh* I want the Fraggle DVDs too...<<<

same here man, same here! Oh and I had a fr lunchbox in 3rd grade, hehe

Well, at least now we can catch up with endless vhs trading and french dvd imports.

CaptCrouton

Reaction score
Yeah, I guess half the fun in collecting is the journey it takes to get the stuff.

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Yeah, I guess half the fun in collecting is the journey it takes to get the stuff<<<

Of course! Unlike Trek, Sopranos or even The Simpsons it takes some hardcore colelcting skills to even begin to see a good quarter of the FR episodes...especially if ya didnt have cable.

MahnaMahna

Reaction score
Originally posted by Jeffrey Gray
Actually, beaker...I was wrong. When it originally aired in Canada, CBC aired Fraggle Rock on Sunday nights. However, reruns most recently aired there on weekday mornings. Just a little correction.
To set the record straight (a month and a bit later!) Fraggle Rock most recently aired in Canada on CBC on Saturday mornings and Sunday afternoons. It also appeared on French CBC daily a number of years ago.

Mark

Sir Didymus

Reaction score
I have only seen 2 episodes of Fraggle Rock, and i would give anything to see more! :smile:

Didymus

beaker

Reaction score
>>>I have only seen 2 episodes of Fraggle Rock, and i would give anything to see more!<<<

Ack! This is truly a shame...I squarely blame it on the decision to have it on premium cable, and even in the 90's it was on cable(just not premium cable)

I would so hook you up, but I myself only have a few episodes(pilot, final, and the disney released) and I only have one vcr.
But there are a bunch of FR fanatics that I'm sure woul dhook ya up with what ya need!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Aye! I hate cable. The people are soooo greedy, and you have to watch commercials anyway, so what's the point?

I also had to live throught the FR cartoon, and I thought it was quite good. Unfortunatley, I can't compaire it to the actual puppet version, since I haven't seen a full episode!

beaker

Reaction score
*someone get this boy some choice FR episodes stat!*