Did anyone see that new Hannah Montanna episode?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Uh...was it just me, or was it a bit of a slap in the face to puppets and puppeteers everywhere?

And its really hypocritical in a sense that she will be working with the muppets, and there is this...

The "puppeteer" is portrayed as an overly happy person who thinks she IS the puppet and Miley is basically saying that puppets are for babies and adults need to stop liking puppets.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Well, being an "overly happy" person is not that bad (I am one), nor is being able to be in character with no effort..but shows like that have a way of stereotyping we happy go lucky people. Basically saying that if we are happy and childlike we must not be in touch with the world at all, because it is sooo much cooler to be cynical and jaded :coy:.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I never did like Miley Cyrus before, now I absolutely loathe her!

Not really.

But still, from what you said, I'm a little upset with that; Jim Henson realized that puppets were mainly popular with children, which is why his initial creation of the muppets was to try to make puppets appealing to all ages, especially adults.

That's the style of puppetry I try to shoot for too, even though sometimes my mom reminds me not to go too far so that my material isn't too questionable for young children.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
No, thers nothing wrong with being too happy, but she was portrayed in my opinion to be a nutcase, like a zombie being controlled by the puppet itself

I was just horrified that JHC would let them use a puppet when Miley was dowright slamming the art of puppetry, telling the puppeteer that she needed to grow up and that adults are not supposed to like puppets.

In it she said that thew puppet was not real and that it was a person "with a hand up where the puppets butt should be". She even yelled at her friends for liking this particular puppet telling them to grow up. She told an adult that he needed to forget about a pile of foam thats not real...or something to that nature

Maybe I'm just reading too much into things

But if only you could have seen this episode, I think you would understand why I'm so upset. I just cant describe it right to do justice to my feelings

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I really did want o see this episode because I was intrigued by the puppet in it. Sounds like the writers have a case of the Blues Clues on the brain...:stick_out_tongue:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
This was a bad move on disney with the special comeing up. *sigh* kids arent going to want to watch it since Hannah Montanna told them that puppets are for babies

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I didn't see the actual episode, but I think I saw a promo for it at Mr. Gatti's today...

Was the puppet that was used in the episode that little goat that was supposed to be like Waffle's little sister from Animal Jam?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Was the puppet that was used in the episode that little goat that was supposed to be like Waffle's little sister from Animal Jam?
That's what the puppet reminded me of too! I just couldn't think of what it was at the moment.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I just checked and this episode is not going to be showing this week. Well, my guide only went up thursday, but I'll kepp checking it as it shows more

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I just checked and this episode is not going to be showing this week. Well, my guide only went up thursday, but I'll kepp checking it as it shows more
Really now! Don't they usually show episode like thirty times a week of something?:confused: