Did anyone see The Count's appearance during the Obama's 2nd Innaguration?

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
When I was looking through Google News, I saw an article that The Count appeared on the large Jumbotrons giving a brief lesson on the number of senators, representatives in the house, etc.

Here's the source. http://www.usforacle.com/observing-...ip-to-the-inauguration-1.2804784#.UQbcK0JvdlI

Can anyone tell me if they saw that appearance and if anyone captured it on video? Was it televised, too?
Also, does anyone know who voiced The Count here? Did it sound close to Jerry Nelson's?

P.S Please, anyone add this appearance to Muppet Wiki. Ok?

Please reply and thank you. :batty:

Hubert

Reaction score
This sounds really interesting, had no idea of this.

Though I can't say for sure, might have Jerry voiced him before his passing?

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
Though I can't say for sure, might have Jerry voiced him before his passing?
I kinda doubt that Jerry voiced him because it was made after Barack won the election and Jerry was dead already.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. They can't really use a prerecorded voice for a live event. I thought it was established that Matt Vogel was voicing him now. Anyway, I'll check out that link.

Hubert

Reaction score
I kinda doubt that Jerry voiced him because it was made after Barack won the election and Jerry was dead already.
Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking above...I suppose the two dates just didn't quite click together in my mind while I was writing that. :oops:

Actually though, did he reference Obama? I thought that he just talked about generic stuff with number of representatives and whatnot.

Yeah. They can't really use a prerecorded voice for a live event. I thought it was established that Matt Vogel was voicing him now. Anyway, I'll check out that link.
I was under the impression that this was taped and only appeared as a video being shown.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
Actually though, did he reference Obama? I thought that he just talked about generic stuff with number of representatives and whatnot.

I was under the impression that this was taped and only appeared as a video being shown.
Well, The Count concluded the short video counting "four more years", as if he and the entire SS cast were paying homage to Obama's second term.

Also, Yes, this is a taped video segment that was shown on the Jumbotrons to keep the audience entertained, especially the little children.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Oh, okay, then it most likely was Jerry, unless this happened to be taped after he died.