Did Do Wop Hop sample anything?

Clean Gultch

Reaction score
The song sounds like it came from somwhere else. especially the that one beat repeating 4 times fast before the chrous. Did this come from another song or am i imagining things?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm not sure if they Sampled anything, but it could have been a parody to that extent. Besides, the electronic drumming is used a lot on 80's Sesame songs. Remember the "alphabet Rap" in which a blue, hipster looking, Anything Muppet raps the letters of the Alpha bet and Grover (non speaking) Breakdances? The drum beats are almost identical! Maybe that's what you mean!

I know this wasn't much help, but I wanted to give some kind of answer, because no-one else would!

Clean Gultch

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
I'm not sure if they Sampled anything, but it could have been a parody to that extent. Besides, the electronic drumming is used a lot on 80's Sesame songs. Remember the "alphabet Rap" in which a blue, hipster looking, Anything Muppet raps the letters of the Alpha bet and Grover (non speaking) Breakdances? The drum beats are almost identical! Maybe that's what you mean!

I know this wasn't much help, but I wanted to give some kind of answer, because no-one else would!
thx anyway. of course i remember the rap alphabet! the fat blue puppet was called ferlinghetti donizetti. grover is hilarious in that song. i saw this sketch on Plaza Sesamo along with alot of other old sketches

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
you could be thinking of that new wave song "Whip It". it also kind of "Lock Step & Gone" by Rancid, but i know for a fact that wasn't the sample, Rancid wasn't even formed yet i don't think.

Clean Gultch

Reaction score
actually, the music at the beginning sounds very fsmiliar. you know, the dada dada da da.